Chapter 22

Kaia's POV

"Aaaaarchyyyyn!" I shout as I wander through the halls of this stupid palace.

I know shouting his name most likely won't get me anywhere, but what else can I do to pass time while I'm lost.

"Kaia!" I hear a voice shout from behind me and I turn around to see Haevyn sprinting towards me, Ryda following her like a shadow.

Haevyn runs to me and jumps up to my arms but because I'm so strong I don't even move.

Just kidding, I nearly go flying backwards but I manage to stay on my feet.

"I missed you!" She shrieks as she pulls me in tighter.

"Alright that's enough missy." I tell her and put her down before she strangles me.

"Hi." Ryda mumbles as he grabs back onto Haevyn's hand.

Honestly I can already see them getting married.

Suddenly out of nowhere, Archyn appears, making me jump. Why do these stupid Fae like to just appear.

"Hi Archyn!" Haevyn says excitedly and Ryda smiles up at him.

"Hey Angel," He says to her then looks up at me, "No pun intended."

I snort as I put my hands on my hips, "Shopping?"

"Dress shopping." He says sternly.

"Shopping." I nod.

If I'm going as his stupid date I'm getting more than a dress out of him.

He just grunts and I take it as a yes. I turn to where Haevyn and Ryda stand in their matching white outfits.

I bend lower, putting my hands on my knees, "Okay, Haevyn, Ryda, we're going shopping. I'll see you guys later okay?"

"Are you guys dating!" Haevyn says as she lets go of Ryda's hands and claps hers together.

"No." I say sternly and her face falls, "I'll see you later Haevyn, okay?"

"Promise?" She asks as she puts her pinky out in front of me.

"Promise." I join our pinky's together and we kiss our thumbs.

"Kaia let's go." Archyn says once we let go and I smile at the kids and give them a small wave before Archyn sifts us out of there and right into a small shop.

"Right on time." A man says as soon as we appear.

He then grabs my arm and starts to pull me over to all the dresses.

I turn around and throw Archyn a look that I hope said 'help me' but he just sits down on a stool, not saying anything.

"So did someone finally steal the heart of the big bad Dark Fae King?" The man says to me, his green eyes twinkling with amusement.

"Oh no," I say as he lets go of my wrist, walking up to a long rack of dresses, "I'm just accompanying him to the Ball."

He hums in disapproval, "Girl the way he looks at you says otherwise."

"Oh certainly not. He hates me. And the feeling is mutual."

He scoffs and then pulls out a dark green dress. It's long, though at this particular ball, all dresses are long. It's got a deep v-neck and a small slit in the bottom right of the dress.

He holds it up to me but then shakes his head, putting it back on the rack.

"You know what." He says as he puts his hands on his hips, "You go sit down with your boy toy and I'll have five dresses and five suits sent to the Palace."