Chapter 50

"What are we doing, Archyn?" I ask him as we eat the breakfast he made.

It's a little bit cold as we got... occupied. For very long. It's still definitely the best breakfast - no, food - that I've ever had.

"I have no idea, Kaia." He sighs from where he sits across from me.

Twenty four hours ago I hated his guts. The thought of him honestly repulsed me. But now, somewhere between our relentless sex escapades, a connection between us has increased. How is that even possible?

"I feel different about you now Kaia." I mumbles as he stuffs a piece of bacon into his mouth, "And I don't know why."

I grunt my agreement and we go silent for a while.

"Well I don't want whatever we're doing to end." He tells me and I don't know how to react.

"What, don't want fucking me against a window for people to see end?" I smirk and he looks up at me with heated eyes.

"No." He says firmly and I know I'm blushing. Gross. Why?

"Okay." I breathe out, weirded out by the way his words are making me feel.

He gets up from his seat and walks around to my side of the table. He gets on his knees beside me so that he's eye level with me.

He gently grabs my face in his hands and leans down and plants his lips on my forehead. I shiver at the intimate gesture and we stare into each other's eyes as he pulls away.

"I want you to tell me how this happened." He says as he leans forward and licks my two fangs. They've been out nearly every moment around him recently and I don't know how to get them away, "Because I know it's bad that I don't even care that you're suddenly a... vampire."

It makes me glad that he no longer says it with disgust. Well, not as much disgust as earlier.

He waves his hand and two glasses appear in his hands and there's a small thud as a bottle of vodka lands on the table.

"I think we need some liquid courage first though." He says as he places the glasses down and fills them to the brim with vodka.

They're certainly too large to be considered as shots, they're about the height of my hand.

I really don't mind though.

I lift the glass and empty it in multiple gulps. I finish it and then slam it on the table, fighting back my cough.

He looks at me with a sort of admiration before doing the same with his glass.

He leans towards me and plants his lips on my briefly before standing up and reaching for my hand. I let him take it and he pulls me up, both of us slightly clumsy as the vodka is working quickly.

He drags me through the house then up several steps before pushing open a pretty wooden door at the top of the stairwell.

A gust of cold wind enters and I shiver. He pulls me through the door and I gasp at the view in front of me.

It's a different to the one I saw when he fucked me earlier, and so much more beautiful.

There are no houses in sight, it's just white covered mountains.

"Wow." I mutter as I look around.

We're standing on the top of the cabin we're staying in. It's littered with snow but it isn't snowing in this very moment.

He's still holding my hand as he walks to one side of the rooftop. He sits down on a bench, clumsily pulling me down beside him.

"Tell me." He says carefully, his words slurring slightly.