Chapter 17

Victoria's POV

I slam the door of Archyn's room open and see him lying down on the bed with a book in his hands.

"Archyn! That stupid human girl snapped my neck. Again." I yell at him from the doorway and he just looks up at me with a blank expression. "Urgh! Archyn, what if I was human too? I would be dead. Twice."

He sighs and closes his book, placing it on the small table next to his bed. "Victoria, it doesn't really matter, you won't die from it."

I won't die from it?!

"Archyn, I'm your mate! You should care if someone tried to kill me." Why doesn't he care? I'm he's fucking mate! He only gets one of those.

"Victoria rel-" He starts to say as he gets up off the bed but I cut in.

"Oh and why did the human reek of you when I saw her earlier when she snapped my neck. Actually you know what, Archyn. Forget it. We'll talk later. I'm going home and to bed." I turn on my heel and storm out of his room, slamming the door shut behind me.

Before he can come and talk to me again, I sift out of the palace and to my house. It's only small but it's not like I spend much time here anyways. I normally go to the man's house, not mine.

I was so happy when I found out Archyn was my mate. I mean he was just crowned King. He's rich, powerful, strong, and dangerous. But then he didn't have enough time for me because of all of his King duties. We've mated, but I've been putting off letting him mark me. If he does mark me, then anytime I have sex with one of my one night stands, I won't feel pleasure, it will just be pain.

And if he isn't going to fuck me whenever I want, then I'll find people who will want to fuck me.

I walk into my closet and sift through all of my clubbing clothes.

I pick out a plain white skirt and a black top and put them on.

The skirt starts at my waist line and goes down to just below my ass. If I bent over even the slightest, I would be flashing everyone with my red lace panties. But that's the whole point.

The top is a pretty black lace top that looks more like a strapless bra than anything else. It's tight around my boobs and pushes them up, making them look bigger than they already are.

I walk over to the mirror and apply some makeup. Some black eyeshadow and red lipstick and curl my long lashes.

I straighten my blonde hair and tie it up into a ponytail on the top of my head. For some reason I get many more guys begging for my attention when my hair's up so I'll make sure to give them what they want.

I chuck on some white heels and then sift to the front of my favourite bar, Santon.

There's good drinks here as well as hot guys. And since it's so expensive, the majority of the guys are rich too.

I walk up to the door and the man standing there looks me over once and then lets me in. I walk inside and go straight to the bar in the corner of the room.

I sit on one of the empty stools and wave the bartender over to me, ordering a martini. He quickly whips one up for me and asks for the money when someone slides a $100 bill across the table.

"Grab the lady another martini and I'll have a glass of whisky." The man says in a smooth voice that sends tingles across my body, "Oh, and keep the change."

The bartender takes the money with wide eyes and the man sits down next to me. After nearly pushing the man that was previously there off of the stool of course.