Chapter 66

KAIA'S POV

"I'm so confused." Oliver says as he continues pacing from one side of his room to the other. "So it was you that tried to kill us, but you were... tailored to look like another of Cor's sisters?" He asks Lanina and she nods.

"Then when I well, nearly died-"

"Sorry about that by the way." Oliver cringes.

"Don't be, I deserved it." Lanina sighs.

"That's not true Nina," Coralia says from where she's lying on Oliver's bed. She stands up and walks to the chair that Lanina was sitting on, "You were doing it for Pearl."

Lanina nods, blinking back tears at her words.

"And Pearl was the girl you asked me to save?" I ask and she nods.

"I had to go to the Palace, and I thought that if there was a chance that you could make it out with Pearl, The Dark King wouldn't have anything to blackmail me with." She says, her voice shaky.

"I can't believe you gave her a Gift." Coralia says shocked and Lanina smiled.

"I was practising when I first got told I'd have to bring Mikaia there, but I wasn't sure if it was going to work," She turns to me, "I wanted to give you the best chance of getting out alive."

More like the best chance at getting Pearl out alive, but no one mentions it. And no hard feelings anyways. I would have done the same if it were Nic. I look down at the sword in my hands, still covered in bits of blood.

"I want to talk to Archyn." Oliver says to me and I face him. "I need to know how my spies got their information so wrong. I mean, we were told that he wasn't even the true heir and-" There was a knock on the door and we all look to see Elenora - my mother - standing in the open doorway.

"I think we all have a lot of questions, Oliver," She says, "But we must sit down again, all together. There is no point having Kaia's Mate having to explain his story over and over."

"If he even wants to tell it, mother." I say and she smiles.

"I'm sure if you asked him to, he would tell us everything. If you told him to take a knife and stab it through his heart, I'm sure he'd do that just for you also." She winks then turns and walks away, yelling at us from behind, "Kaia, get your Mate and then come to my office."

I nod, even though she won't be able to see it and then walk out after her.

"Oliver, I would like you and the... two Coralia's to be there also." She yells once more before turning the corner. I suppose they really should get her turned back to herself. I mean, none of us - besides Cora - even know what she really looks like.

I walk the other way, making my way down to the dungeons once again. It's been almost an hour since I was last here. Lanina and I left Mel and Attikus to go find the real Coralia and ended up finding her in the cupboard right next to Oliver's room. We took her and put her on the bed then Lanina woke her from the sleep she put her under.

She was a bit freaked out when she woke up staring at herself until we explained to her what happened. She was beyond happy to find out that Lanina and Pearl were still alive and wanted to go to the prison immediately to get her.

Lanina somehow convinced her to rest for a while before we do leave, though we only have a handful of hours before the time limit of my tail is used up. Gosh, I don't think I'll ever get used to having a 'my tail' type scenario.

After that Oliver walked in and saw us all. He was very confused when he saw two Coralia's and started panicking like crazy until we told him what happened. Though I don't think he'd complain if he somehow got two Coralia's to ravish him.