Chapter 37

Melody's POV

"Do you think they've fucked?" I hear someone ask - Mason - as I walk into the kitchen.

"Do you think who have fucked?" I ask as I go over to the pantry doors and open them.

"Kaia and Silas." Mason answers and I whip around to face them all.

"Why would they have fucked?" I ask shocked. I mean, Kaia only met him like a week ago. But she's also been gone for the last six days. Attikus won't tell me where she's gone, but he's promised that she's safe.

"No reason." Attikus says as he laughs nervously, not making eye contact with me.

"Attikus." I say sternly and his eyes snap to mine. "Tell me."

"We broke the spell that bound Kaia's vampire half and then because of how powerful the spell was, she was supposed to be unconscious for hours, maybe even days so when Oliver out her to bed and when to get humans for when she woke up-"

"Stop." I tell him and he immediately shuts up, Mason and Erik, who were also in the room staring at him like he'd grown two heads. "Why would she need humans for when she wakes up?"

Attikus shuffles awkwardly on his feet for a few moments before he sighs and continues, "Because when she wakes up she needs to feed from humans, otherwise..."

He trails off but Erik continues for him, "Because if she feeds off of a vampire, then she binds them to her."

"And she fed off of a vampire because Oliver hadn't gotten back with the humans yet." Attikus says.

I tilt my head, going to ask who she fed off of, but Erik cuts in again, "Silas, she fed off of Silas."

"What do you mean when she bound him to her?" I ask them and they all stand there awkwardly.

"That for the next few days, maybe even weeks depending on how strong their bond may have been, they'll be going at it like crazy." Mason says.

"And by going at it, you mean..." I trail off, not wanting what I expected to be true.

"We mean fucking." Mason says, a hint of annoyance in his tone.

Before Mik had mysteriously left to some place safe, she had told me about Mason and their actions at the club.

"Lucky for her, she bound someone hot to her." I say and roll my eyes as Attikus growls before storming out of the kitchen.

I watch with curiosity as he slams the door behind him. He gets riled up around me very easily. He's very protective.

I do admit that I find it very hot. And most of the time, I say things like this just to get a reaction from him. It makes me happy knowing I have that power over him.

But there's just something about him that draws me in. I'm always happy when I'm around him. I feel emotions I'd never felt in my life before.

I don't say anything to the other two as I walk out of the kitchen. Gently shutting the door behind me, unlike Attikus.

Ever since I met him - the time he just appeared in front of me and told me to come with him - I've felt this attachment to him. Around him, my emotions are heightened, my hormones go crazy. And I feel like he just gets me.

He understands me. He listens to me. I've found that he doesn't talk that much, he just stares at me with a new emotion that I've never seen in someone's eyes before whilst he listens to me chatting away.

And even stranger, I seem to always know where he is. I just follow my instincts and they always lead me to him.

I open the sliding glass door and walk outside of the palace, the cool breeze hitting my skin. I walk deeper into the garden, going off the gravel pathway and into a more secluded area, surrounded by thick trees.