Chapter 41

"What." Zilani asks and Priya turns around too, staring at me with a wooden spoon coated in a red sauce in her hands.

"I need you to punch me. Just a few times. Because I can't go there looking like royalty."

"You are royalty." Priya says but Zilani gently shushes her.

"Okay." Zilani nods eagerly, "I'll do it."

In a very quick speed she comes to me and punches me in the cheek. Not a second later she punches my stomach, then my face again.

I double over, holding my stomach.

"Zilani I think that's enough." Priya says and I look up to see her holding Zilanis' elbow.

"Is that enough?" Zilani asks me as I furiously nod.

"I said punch me, not beat me up." I tell her, ignoring the stabbing pain on my cheeks.

"Should have been more specific." She shrugs as she turns back around. I roll my eyes and then walk out the room.

I walk through the hall and towards the front door but as I go to pull the handle, someone from the other side opens it first.

"Oh shit, what happened to your face?" I hear the voice that opened the door ask.

"I needed it punched." I tell them and watch as the man, Erik, winces.

"Punch, or beat up?" He snorts and I roll my eyes.

"That's what I said!" I tell him and he laughs. "Anyways if I'm going to appear on the doorstep of the Dark Fae palace I need to look roughed up. I mean they think I've been on the run for the last fortnight."

He nods his head before saying goodbye and good luck.

I walk out the door and into the fresh air. With one thought I sift straight to the steps of the Dark Fae Palace.

I walk to the brick wall beside the large doors and bang my head on it. I do it a few more times in different places of my head and then I feel my vision going black.

Just before I lose consciousness, I move away from the door and stand a little back from the doors. Waiting to pass out.

Here goes nothing.

Nic's POV

"Why don't we go for a walk?" I ask Haevyn as I sit beside her on her bed.

It's been nearly two weeks since she found out that Kaia had 'left' and she still hasn't said much. Or done much. Or eaten much.

She sighs but subtly nods her head. She stands up, her blue dress falling to her knees.

"Let's go." She mutters as she walks towards the door. I follow after her and watch as she opens the door.

As soon as the door handle clicks and opens wide, Ryda is there with wide eyes.

He has dark bags underneath his eyes and his eyes are bloodshot. The poor boys hardly slept. He still hasn't moved from her door.

His eyes light up as he sees Haevyn at the door, but she ignores him, walking right past him like she didn't even see him there.

His shoulders slump but he still follows her down the hall.

Poor guy.

Haevyn weaves through the halls and Ryda and I follow her. She opens the door and walks out and I hear her scream.

Ryda and I run up to her and I gasp at the sight in front of me.

Kaia. Unconscious. On the floor. Bloody and bruised.