Chapter 18

Nic's POV

I should probably find Kaia. Camrey told me she's staying in Ezra's room, or was it Ti's room? I'm not sure but it's one of those rooms.

I know it's only been like two days, but I feel like I haven't seen her for ages. I suppose it's cause we used to spend pretty much every day together. I do miss her.

I wish I had known where she was before I woke up and met Camrey. I can't believe that I didn't even think of her. I'm her older brother, I should be protecting her, but she was right when she said she's been protecting me more. I failed as an older brother, but I won't anymore.

I walk through the halls of this uselessly large castle, trying to find Kaia. I don't get why the castle needed to be this big. There are so many rooms here and it's not like many of them even get used, the whole place is empty.

"Nicolas!" I hear a voice yell from behind me and I turn around to see Ezra and Ti running towards me.

I stop walking and wait for them to catch up to me and when they're standing in front of me, they both double over trying to catch their breaths.

In this scenario, I know exactly what Kaia would say. I thought Fae were supposed to be fit.

It doesn't matter how many times I've told her that it doesn't work like that, that if we want to be fit we have to do it the same way humans do.

Of course we don't have to do as much and all Fae are naturally more... beautiful you could say, than what humans are.

Once they'd finally gotten their breaths back, they both look up to me. "Do you know where Kaia is?" Ti asks me, his cheeks tinged pink from the 'workout' he just did.

"I was just looking for her." I say as I turn around again and continue walking the same way I was previously going, not waiting to see if the two will try and catch up.

"Well have you found her?" Ezra asks me eagerly.

I turn my head to the left to look at Ezra who was now walking beside me, Ti to my right, "I said I was also looking for her. Why would I still be looking for her if I had found her?

Both Ti and Ezra seem so immature. Ezra more so, which is strange because I'd think being the brother of the Dark King he'd have grown up pretty quick. But he doesn't have any responsibilities or a reputation he needs to uphold, so that could be why.

They don't say anything and they just walk beside me, the three of us in a comfortable silence.

"When did you last see her?" Ti asks me as he shoves his hands in the pockets of the black jumper he's wearing.

"Um. When she got out of hospital I think. So yesterday?" The days since I met Camrey have felt so quick, but so long at the same time. But being with her makes me happier than I've ever been.

Ti just nods and we walk in silence again.

"Where do you think she could be?" Ezra asks.

"Yeah you're her brother, you know her the best." Ti says and Ezra nods his head in agreement.

"Does she like to swim?"

"Ride horses?"

"Clean?"

"Cook? Wait, who would willingly want to clean, besides we have magic for that." Ti says as I chuckle at their banter.

"Well she definitely won't be cleaning, that's for sure." I think Kaia's been forced to do enough cleaning when she was in the White Fae palace, so I doubt she'll ever willingly clean again, "She does love to read though, do you perhaps have a library?"