Chapter 26

I finished explaining everything to Melody and to say she was shocked was an understatement.

The whole time however, Archyn was sitting on the opposite side of the bed just listening, butting in every now and then to 'tell the truth' as he put it, when really he was just making it sound boring.

Like, he said 'I didn't try and kill her' when I told Mel he tried to kill me.

He did try to kill me and he can't deny it.

You'd think after a few 'shut the fuck up Archyn's from me that he'd have 'shut the fuck up' but he didnt. He just kept putting his input where it wasn't wanted.

After I'd finished explaining everything to her and she'd asked all the questions she could think of at the time, she left. She was probably gone for too long though she was right when saying she wouldn't get in trouble because it was Archyn that told her to stay.

Though now that I think of it, she may get in trouble because he complained that the room was not up to scratch.

Let's just hope that doesn't happen.

"What are you doing?" Archyn asks as I walk to the small cupboard in the wall in the corner of the room and grab a bobby pin out of my hair.

I've done this enough to know the exact shape I need to bend the pin into for it to open the lock that it's done in a matter of seconds.

The door opens and I reach in and grab out the blankets and pillows that are stored there.

I walk over to a few meters away from the bed and chuck them all on the ground.

"What are you doing?" Archyn asks again, more annoyed this time.

"I'm making your bed." I tell him as I spread the blankets out and then layer them to hopefully create a bit of a softer thing to sleep on.

"I'm not sleeping on the floor." He says as he crosses his arms over his chest.

"Awe," I say, drawing out the sound, "Has pwoor Archy-warchy never swept on the fwoor before." I pout.

He doesn't say anything and just grunts.

"Hah!" I shout, "You seriously haven't slept on a floor before?"

Talk about privileges.

"Have you?" He asks as he raises an eyebrow. Is this guy serious?

I snort and he tilts his head to the side, "Have I ever slept on the floor? Oh gosh Archy." I laugh and he just stands there staring at me, "Please, I've slept on the floor for most of my life. So you can bet your ass that when I have the chance to sleep on a large, comfy bed all by myself, I'm going to take it."

"You had a bed at my place." He says.

No way is he serious.

"So?"

"So you got to sleep on a 'large, comfy bed'." He says, making air quotes with his fingers.

"Yeah. For like, four nights. You've gone your whole life sleeping on a bed. You can spare one fucking night." I throw the last pillow down on the floor and then walk to the door. "I'm going for a walk." I tell him and before he can say anything I leave the room, leaving the door wide open.

It's always much better leaving a room and not closing the door. That means that they have to get up and close it themselves.

Just thinking of him now walking to the door and closing it is enough to stifle my anger.

Nearly.

Though instead of just getting up and closing the door and staying in the room, he decides to close it and follow me.