Chapter 57

Oliver's POV

"So we're all just going to ignore what happened an hour ago?" Silas mutters as he pushes his dinner around on his plate.

Honestly, I think we were all trying to ignore it. Because what would it explain?

"That Mason killed the Dark Fae King and Kaia completely freaked out?" Zilani mutters.

"That was the Dark Fae King?" Coralia gasps and I nod. "I thought he was a cruel monster though. He didn't look cruel when he was holding Kaia. He looked worried."

Zilani scoffs and looks at Coralia, "I doubt it. It's probably all a part of his plan to destroy the vampires."

"I don't think so." Coralia says, braving Zilani's judging look. A look I've seen on her face so many times, but I don't like that she's got it set on Coralia. Like she's less than her because she's not a vampire.

"I think he really likes her. I mean, why else would he take her into a Palace full of vampires because someone he supposedly hates is in pain?" Cor continues and Zilani rolls her eyes.

"Sure. The Dark Fae King liking a hybrid."

"Zilani just stop it." I say as I stand up, the chair falling behind me, "Stop being jealous. Cor's right. Why else would he come here, he knows how easily we could have killed him but he still bought Kaia here."

"They're right, Lani." Priya says quietly to her from her spot beside her. She gently takes Zilani's arm and Zilani's face immediately softens.

"Right." She says sharply before letting Priya pull her up and take her out of the room.

Everyone else watches the exchange quietly, no one knowing what else to say.

I stay standing and then take Coralia's arm, gently pulling her up beside me and make our way out of the room, ignoring the half eaten food on our plates.

"Are we not gonna talk about you having a Mate and not telling us!" Attikus calls out from his seat and I ignore him as the door closes behind us.

I don't correct him saying we're not actually Mates. Let them believe what they want.

Or maybe I'm just trying to believe that we are Mates.

"I know I'm not your Mate, Ol," She whispers in my ear as we walk through the hall, like she knows exactly what I was thinking, "But I want you to know that I'm all in."

It's times like this where I realise exactly why I love her so much. Because I do.

I stop in my tracks and she grunts as she's pulled to a stop also. She turns to face me, going to ask what I'm doing, but I speak first.

"I love you Coralia." I say and she blushes.

"I know Oliver." She smirks and I know that smirk. It appears when she knows something I don't.

"What do you mean?" I ask as I roll my eyes, knowing I'm playing right into her trap by asking.

"You already told me." She says and I tilt my head in confusion. When did I tell her that?

She pulls me forward until we're walking side by side again before she continues.

"When I was taking you here, you were talking a lot of gibberish." She says and it starts to almost click into place. It's like I know what happened, even if I don't remember it.

"You only wanted to hold onto me, and when your brother was taking you away to help you, you told me that you love me." She says, giving my hand a hard squeeze.