Chapter 58

KAIA'S POV

I stumble out of the doors of the club, the bouncers giving me a strange look.

Well fuck them.

I'm sure they got paid to let us in.

I walk out into the street, trying not to fall.

My head starts to get light and my thoughts start to jumble.

Where can I go?

I can't go back to the Dark Fae Palace, not after what Nic did.

I could go to the cabin Archyn and I first went to, but I don't want to go there without him.

The last thought that crosses my mind is going to the Vampire Palace.

Maybe they can find some way to find Archyn and help us.

I take a deep breath and picture the surroundings of the dining room at the Palace.

My vision goes dark, though thankfully it's from sifting, not passing out. Yet.

I feel my body falling as the lights come back to me, and then I pass out.

Meaning Archyn passed out.

Hopefully not from the pain.

OLIVER'S POV

"So how long have you two known each other?" Cardin says from across the table.

"About-" Cor goes to answer before a thud stops us all.

"Holy fuck." Cardin swears as we all look to the middle of the table.

Kaia's just lying there. Motionless.

I can hear her heartbeat so I know she's not dead. But it's very fast.

Too fast.

I jump out of my seat and lean over her. Her face is twisted in pain, though her body shows no sign of any injury.

I quickly lift her off of the table and walk out of the room, carrying her to the hospital area we have.

Hopefully Priya can heal her.

I rush through the halls and just as I reach to open the door, I see Priya rushing down the hall, an annoyed Zilani following her.

"What happened?" She asks as she follows me inside.

"I have no idea. We were just sitting down in the dining room talking then she just... fell onto the table." Zilani snorts but I ignore her and step away, letting Priya do her thing.

"Strange." Priya whispers as she runs her hand a few centimetres above Kaia, her hands glowing white.

"What is it? Is she gonna be okay?" I ask frantically, not noticing the others walking into the room.

"She's not injured. But her abdomen is tensed like there is an injury." Priya says and I take a seat in the blue chair beside her.

"Why does she have an 'A' carved into her chest?" Zilani snorts and I look at her chest.

Why does she have an A on her chest? Surely it's not just a scar that happened to be like that.

"I think it's hot." Silas says and I turn to see him standing against the wall right next to Kaia's bed.

"Of course you do." Zilani says, "You fucked her for a whole week. But she clearly didn't like it. Cause that's an A on her chest, not an S."