Chapter 47

Thinking. That's the best he can come up with? After being caught staring at me for the past while.

Whatever.

He comes to sit down next to me and I try my hardest to refrain from standing up and walking back down the long staircase, just to get away from him.

He doesn't sit too close to me, though it's still too close for my liking.

Though I'm sure he doesn't care about what's to my liking.

I can see him wanting to say something, his face changing, almost as if he's fighting a battle between his personalities. Damn do I know how that feels.

I have a lot of run-ins with my good Kaia and bad Kaia. Though I'm pretty sure that the man behind me has no good Archyn.

Because if he did, he would have turned out very, very different.

Though maybe I should thank him. I mean, because of him, I met my real mother - which I'm still shocked about actually. Though Attikus was already at the Fae Ball before knowing I was even there, so there was a chance that we would have met whether Archyn and his (thankfully) dead Mate made a big caffuffle.

But he was also the reason I went.

No, I would have gone anyway.

He did kill Jason, something which may have still taken me a few years to get to, but that doesn't matter. I was still definitely going to do it.

So no.

There is absolutely nothing that I will thank Archyn for. Ever. He will be receiving no positive emotions from me.

Ever.

Because he is a major dick.

"What are you thinking about?" He asks randomly and I almost fall off the edge from surprise. I mean, why does he care for starters.

But I wonder, if I fell, would he catch me?

Should I try?

Maybe.

"Nothing." I murmur, still deciding whether to skydive from the tip of his little castle with no parachute or not.

He hums, a sound holding no words, but a lot of meaning. He doesn't believe me. Which is fair enough I suppose, I mean, I wouldn't believe me either.

Even though I'm an exceptional liar, it's not exceptional in the category of emotions. Well, apparently not when it comes to Archyn.

Not even Nic would see through me when I shut down my emotions.

Must be this vampire change thing.

We sit in silence for a while and I can't tell whether I like it because it's calming, or I hate it because it's calming. Calming with him around. Next to me.

I'm not sure how long we're sitting there, but slowly the sun starts to set, lighting up our view with pinks and purples and oranges.

Once the sun sets behind the horizon and the moon starts to rise, I feel Archyn move to stand up. He hisses in pain for a moment and I turn to him to see a large, bleeding gash across his palm.

"Stupid fucking rocks." I hear him mumble under his breath as he blows in his palm. He's facing my way and his blow carries the scent of his blood to me and that's when I snap.

I don't realise how hungry I really am. I think I tried to ignore it - still unsure about the whole biting the neck and drinking the blood side of being a vampire. But now, the sweet smell of his blood in the air has me snapping up to my feet.