Chapter 68.

Elijah's POV.

I went to her grave after everyone left. Is this how our love story ends?

I lay flowers on her grave. My Annette, how did I let this happen?

I broke down in front of her grave. I am sorry. Oh, God, I can't believe it's over. 

I hit myself on the forehead multiple times. I need to say my goodbyes, but how can I even say goodbye when I didn't accept your death. 

"Annette Carson, my love, Goodbye is only for people that never actually loved. You will always live in my heart, no matter what happens I will never move on from you. I will only love you, and I promise I will never forget you. You see Ryker and Red are amazing and I love them but I pray I unite with you soon. My parents will take care of the kids so don't you worry." I got up. "Until we meet again my love. I will always love you my Carson." I started hearing talks so I walked to where the noise was coming from. I saw Annette's grandpa talking to someone so I got closer to eavesdrop. 

"Make sure you always put flowers on my little princess grave. I want her to know that her grandpa will always love her and I would never forget her. You got that?" He asked and the man nod his head before leaving.

"Don't you think that if you let Annette choose to live her own life then we wouldn't be in this mess?" I said.

"What?" 

"Yes!" I snapped. "No one has ever let Annette live her life. She always made sacrifices and she got tired that's why she left you all."

"She left you too." He replied.

"Annette never left me, she will always be in my heart, I don't need her to be physically here but you do." I smirked. "You the one that needs to start training Meghan to take over because Annette is gone."

"You the only one enjoying Annette's death. Everyone is mourning but you care about me not having an heiress and Meghan not knowing much about my company." 

"I am not enjoying Annette's death. She is the love of my life." 

"Then why are you not mourning like everyone else? Did you have something to do with her death?" He asked.

"You think I would kill her? Why the fuck would I do that? Okay, fine. Let's say I murdered her, why would I even bother crying for her?"

"To cover-up." He replied. "I don't trust you Carsons."

"I don't care if you trust us or not all I know is that we have always loved Annette."

"You really lucky she loved you a lot or I would've killed you and your entire family." He left so I also decided to leave Annette's grave.

I went straight home.

 -Memorial Services

-Third person's POV.

Everyone came to Annette's memorial services except Elijah. Jay was the first one to get up and say a few things about her after the prayers were done. After Jay, Jailson got up to say a few things and everyone was shocked because he was just a business partner of the Carson. 

"I know I never got to spend much time with Annette but I want to say a few things today." He said. "I am Cameron Valentino, just a businessman who does business with the Carson family. I don't know much about Annette but whenever I heard her name, people would praise her. She was one of a kind. She was a bright girl who always helped others. I remember bumping into her once and she---." He paused remembering her as a kid. "She always greeted with a smile and said, Uncle Cameron." He lied. "I have never lost anyone in my life but today, it feels like I have lost a kid. We will always remember her as Annette Carson, and I am so sorry." He got off the stage and Benjamin rolled his eyes.