Chapter 101.

Annette's POV.

I told everyone about Elijah and I being back together and they were all happy for us. I am so bad at keeping it down when I have a choice so I am glad Elijah is fine with me telling everyone about us.

I fed the babies and Elijah came home. This is the beginning of a new chapter in our lives, a good chapter where we will live happily with each other. I just hope no one ruins it for us.

"Sorry, I am late." Elijah said kissing me on the forehead. "The children seem to like you more than me these days." He commented picking Red up.

"Well, maybe you should take a day off and spend it with them if you are afraid of them liking me more." I said and he smiled.

"You just want me to spend more time with you." He replied. "Anyway, what's that?" He pointed at the envelope in which my invitation card was in.

"My sister's wedding invitation." I told him. "I thought you would ask me to be your plus one but it's fine someone else asked me to be their plus one."

"Annette, it's your sister's wedding. You are not supposed to be someone's plus one so I can't ask you to be my plus one in fact you are supposed to ask me to be yours."

"Meghan is also like a sister to you so why does it matter who asks who?" I asked. "But that also doesn't matter anymore since Mr Brown asked me to be his plus one."

"And you said no, right?"

"Well, I couldn't cause I owe him one, remember."

"Couldn't you at least ask me how I would feel about it?" He asked.

"Eli, I thought you didn't tell me about your invitation because you already had a plus one that's why I say yes to him. I swear."

"Annette, I never even got invited!" He snapped.

"Everyone in the meeting got one and you were in the meeting Eli so why are you lying?" I asked.

"Who told you that? Mr Brown?"

"Yes, but now you know why I said yes so can we please stop arguing? I will call Mr Brown in the morning and tell him I won't be able to be his plus one."

"No, it's fine. You can go with Mr Brown." I swear I will kill this fool. What the fuck is wrong with him.

"What?"

"I am your boyfriend am I not?" He asked and I nodded. "Ask your boyfriend I am telling you I don't mind you attending your sister's wedding with an ugly man. You have to go with him, Annette. It's only fair that you go with him so you two are even."

"Okay then. I will go with him."

"Good. I have a condition." Elijah replied. "You have to save me your first dance and I want to also sit next to you at the wedding. That's my condition to going with him."

"Deal."

--- --- --- --- --- --- ---

The next morning Elijah was already gone by the time I woke up. I know he is busy at work these days but I sometimes wish he could take a day off or something to spend time with us. Even during the weekend, most of the time he is too busy.

I went to the children's room and they were not there so I decided to call Elijah. I feel like this is the worst time to be dating him.

"Oops, wrong time. Anyway, I might be too busy to answer my phone now but I will get back to you once I am free so do leave a message after the beep, if u want. Love ya!" I hate Elijah's voicemail so much. I feel like killing him.