Chapter 28.

Annette's POV.

I knocked on Elijah's office and he just ignored me. For the first time, I ditched him and he is acting as if I shot him in the heart.

"I have a reason." I started. "Eli, don't ignore me. I really didn't forget our date. My mother and sister took me with them. They are my family too, remember." I continued. "Communication is the key to a good relationship and if we start fighting now than we will never solve it. So stop acting like you doing work."

"I know you would never forget me without a reason." He smiled. "Please just tell me before the time the next time you decide---."

"That won't happen." I interrupted him. "So tell me how many hours did you wait for me?"

"Five minutes." He answered and my jaw dropped. "What? You never showed up."

"What if I was running late?"

"Annette, I am in demand." He said.

"Elijah I am your girlfriend the least you could've done was wait at least an hour." I told him. "That is what a real boyfriend would do."

"Was your dream to preach and tell people what to do?" He asked and I pulled his cheeks.

"You really don't know anything about me. So let me tell you about my real dream." I sat down. "I always wanted to be an amazing daughter, an artist, an amazing daughter-in-law, a wife and a mother."

"You, an artist?" He giggled. "Why did you study business and accounting?"

"I was following you." I answered. I actually regret the fact I studied something I never wanted. I just wanted to follow Elijah around and get him to notice me that I forgot about my dreams and what I wanted to become.

"Sorry." He mumbled. "But look at the bright side, the person you love the most finally noticed you." He is so full of himself. "Anne, if you could choose something you love most about me what would it be?" He raised an eyebrow. "Let me give you options." He smiled. "I am a gorgeous, sexy, irresistible, amazing, unique, rich---."

"Arrogant." I rolled my eyes. "You so imperfect and you know it so that is what I like about you." I got up. "I just came to apologize and see how you doing. I have to leave now."

"I am not feeling good." He got up. "I am running a fever, come feel my head." I felt his head and he was completely fine. "You won't leave me now, will you."

"Can I tell you something?" I asked and he nod his head. "I fell in love with the real Elijah. The asshole that used to be rude not a sweet child who wants to act innocent all the time. I love you for who you are so just stop pretending to be nice." He pulled my hair. "Ow."

"You so ungrateful." He went to the door and locked it. "I wanted to be nice because all girls like nice guys. I booked us for lunch and dinner but you never showed up. I even read a whole book about impressing a girl and now you telling me to be rude." He is dramatic. "Red, my mother didn't raise a rude child."

"I wish I told you sooner that I love you. Maybe then I would've had a free slave, bodyguard, and a boyfriend in college."

"Really?" He pulled me to himself. "Your bed could've also be warm back in college." He raised an eyebrow. "I am very skilled you know."

"You mean dirty." I want my relationship to start with a good conversation. I don't want Elijah to just sleep with me. I know he doesn't like talking a lot like me. "You at work and I haven't had anything to eat since morning. I am really tired."

"I will order something for you. . ." He picked me up and put me on his table. "After we done." He started kissing me and someone started knocking on the door. "Let's jump out of the window and just ignore that." He whispered, annoyed.