Chapter 26.

Annette's POV.

"Meghan is waiting for me at home. Take care of yourself Emily and apologize to your father." I got up.

"I know my father would never ever do something like that. I hate myself for even thinking he would." She cried.

"You are his princess, he will forgive you." I smiled at her. "Now promise me you won't be like Elijah. Emily, I swear it's not nice to have two bad Elijah's in this house. Someone will die." 

"I see why Oliver only wants you as a sister-in-law. You really nice Annette." She said. "I will go talk to my parents, bye." She left the room and I sighed. Emily is a good kid to talk some sense into but Meghan. She will hate me so much for leaving without telling her. 

I quickly walked downstairs and before I could leave the Carsons house someone grabbed me. I wish I could spend time with Elijah and Em but I need to watch the movie with Meghan.

"Eli." I took his hands off myself. "I really need to go."

"Stay for dinner, I am sure mom and dad won't mind." He smiled. He really changed a lot. I always wanted Elijah's attention but now is not a good time for me. Meghan needs me.

"I can't. I want to go home." 

"Okay then, but we going out tomorrow right?" 

"As friends?" I asked because I know I never agreed to the friends with benefit nonsense. That is just not for me. I know Elijah can handle it, he never falls for anyone but I am already in love with him so I can't do it unless he sees a future with me.

"Well, I don't know." He bit his lip. "We are best friends, I called you sister so I don't know but we will decide tomorrow. Promise."

"Eli, I don't want you to take this the wrong way but you a playboy and you have one of the worse reputations, no offense." I want to make this clear. I don't want him to think I love him so much and that I will somehow agree to his 'proposal'. "Elijah I have always kept a low profile, even though I am Henry kingston's granddaughter but my reputation got ruined after our fake relationship. I have already been called names and I got hurt, honestly so if you think taking me out tomorrow to change my mind about the friends with benefits thing than you are wasting your time."

"I wasn't going to take you out because of that. I just wanted to spend time with you as a friend."

"Okay then. See you tomorrow."

"No wait." He stopped me. "Why are you against the friends with benefits? I know so many people that found love and broke it off. I promise we will also break off things if you find love."

"I already found love, you the one that needs to find love." I replied. "Eli, we can go in circles all the time but I won't change my mind."

"Who do you love so much that you don't want to be part of my life anymore."

"You." I answered. I never wanted to be the one to tell a guy I love him before he yells me but I guess I am tired of getting hurt unintentionally by the person I love a lot. 

"Annette, I am serious right now but you joking." He rolled his eyes.

"Why would I lie?" I asked.

"Are you serious right now?" He asked and I looked away. "Anne, since when?"

"I guess I figured I was in love with you when we became teenagers." I think the first time I knew I was in love with Elijah was when I was eleven. I didn't know what was love but I constantly used to ask my father about it. My mother was a little more strict so I never went to her but I told her I love Eli when I turned thirteen and I guess from that day onwards I just always did everything Elijah asked, hoping he would fall for me.