Everything Will Be Okay

As soon as we got in the car, Scott had friends texting him about the pictures out in the social media world already. Chris was not too pleased and was already messaging his manager. I could tell from his expression he was agitated so I touched his arm, trying to pull his attention to me. "Hey, it's okay... I mean, I can't speak for you, but I'm okay. I'm not happy about it but that's more because it's an invasion of your privacy. You have a life outside of the industry and people should respect boundaries, but I knew this going into our relationship. I want to be with you even if it means sometimes things like this happen."

"It isn't just sometimes though, Y/N. This happens a lot and it can get worse, especially when people try to start rumors about co-stars and..."

I reached over and kissed him while he was mid sentence, more so to stop him from talking and overanalyzing. Chris was getting worked up and he hadn't even been here for more than a couple of hours. "Chris, we'll deal with it as it happens, okay? Right now, the only situation is just that people are going to start wondering if you have a girlfriend and you have to decide how to handle that with your team. The fact that you're in Australia at an event for Henry shouldn't be suspicious since the two of you have a movie coming out soon. We could really throw people off though and I can show up with Henry to your premiere." I started laughing, as did Scott and Calvin. Chris, not so much. He had a grimace like he smelled something bad and looked back to his phone as he spoke in an authoritative tone, eyebrows raised. I could tell from his tone that his decision on my joke, had it been a real statement, was a hard no.

"Absolutely not."

"I was kidding Christopher, you need to relax. Getting worked up about it isn't going to change anything. Do you think that there won't be pictures if we go visit your friend? As soon as word is out that the two of you are visiting, there's bound to be pictures." I was having a hard time calling 'Thor' by his real first name since it matched my boyfriend's. This time though, I purposefully didn't mention Hemsworth's name, but it didn't matter. My two nosy friends in the front picked up on it and spoke up.

My guess was Scott was somewhat immune to celebrity encounters by now but Calvin caught on first, obviously. "Wait, what friend are you visiting? Do you mean while you're here? Y/N? Is it who I think it is?"

Scott was occasionally looking up at the interaction between Calvin and I while he was on his phone texting his mom. My guess was that she was checking on Chris with all the drama happening, knowing how'd he react. Since I wanted Calvin to pay attention to the road I answered him. "Yes, Chris Hemsworth, but don't get too excited because it's just been mentioned, it isn't definite. Pay attention to what you're doing."

"I'm an excellent driver and you know it, so hush. Besides, didn't I used to call you Little Miss Foot of Lead?"

"Calvin, would you just be quiet and drive?."

That's when Scott chimed in. "Oh, I sooooo need to hear about this."

That started a whole story telling extravaganza about me and my speeding tickets between those two in the front. I used that opportunity to talk to Chris while they were preoccupied at my expense. I was sitting in the middle, obviously as close to him as possible. Turning slightly, I squeezed his thigh that my hand was already resting on, speaking quietly to him, just inches from his face. "I see your wheels turning in that handsome head of yours. Take some deep breaths and just enjoy this moment. We are actually together right now and I'm sure you had to work hard to finagle your time off to be here. It's not worth the worry, plus, it works out that we are staying at Calvin's. He's right, people will look for you to be at a hotel somewhere."

"I know, it's just not fair to you. I hoped to have more time with it just being you and I and no drama. When we were in New York I heard Klaus even mention things like..."