I've Fallen

I heard the door open and felt the bed dip before I heard the voice. I was awake but just laying there. "Morning sunshine."

Sitting up and turning around, I see Scott beside me with a big grin on his face and I know why. I decide there's no point in being vague, so I just make the statement. "He told you."

"Why, I have no idea what you could be talking about buttercup. I mean, I did see that kiss but is there something else I should know about? "

"Oh great. Okay. Don't make a big deal out of it please."

"Out of what?"

"Really Scott?"

"Oh come on! You'll have fun. Trust me. He's got the day all planned out."

"I have no doubt that I will have fun, it's not that. I just don't want you making a big deal out of it and making me nervous and second guess myself. What are you gonna do while we're gone?"

"Hang out with my family."

"Oh. Well, what should I wear? It's not like I have a huge wardrobe here with me."

"Just be you. Nothing fancy."

——————-

Instead of going into the kitchen after Scott left my room, I decided to get ready for the day first and pack up since I was heading home tonight. After jumping in the shower, I fixed my hair and put on a little bit of makeup. Scott said nothing fancy, which was good, he already knew I didn't pack for something like that. A simple pair of khaki shorts and a white tunic shirt paired with brown ankle sandals and I was ready for the day.

Walking into the kitchen, I find both men sitting at the island with their coffee cups. Chris hopped off his stool and headed to the coffee pot as he spoke up. "Sit. I'll get you a cup of coffee."

Smiling, I looked at Scott and headed to the stool that was at the end of the island which would put me between the two guys. Scott just shook his head with a mischievous grin as he watched his brother. Chris handed me a steaming mug and I thanked him as he sat back down. "Thank you. So, what's on the agenda today?"

Scott stood up. "Well, I'm going to see my mother before we leave tonight. I'm packed already, so I'll catch you two later but don't be late." That boy was up and out the door without another word, leaving me speechless.

Chris started to chuckle. "That doesn't make things awkward at all."

"I don't actually know what to say. What's his deal?"

"He's Scott. There really isn't an excuse. Honestly he was probably picking on us and trying to make it seem like we were up to something. Who knows? So, you still up for today?"

"Of course."

First, Dodger, Chris and I walked through some of the trails that were in a park behind his house. He brought a backpack he had packed with snacks along with water for us and a water bottle for Dodger. It was really beautiful with waterfalls and nobody around. Chris could be himself and it was nice to see this side of him. This whole visit, seeing him in his own surroundings and with the people he is most comfortable with has been enlightening. It hasn't been that he has been different before this, he just completely lets go here. Once we were a good ten minutes into the trail, Chris let Dodger off his leash. He said he wouldn't go any further than he could see him so I didn't worry. After looping the leash around his belt loop, Chris reached for my hand, asking but without words. Smiling, I placed my hand in his and we continued walking. We talked about things we liked and disliked, and some of the things we wanted to do or places we would like to go. I told him more about the beach and he told me about his house in L.A. and more about what he liked to do when he was home. We talked about our families and friends and just got to know one another a little more.