Chapter 7: Home sweet home

Just as it was to be expected, they docked at Morepesok port a few minutes after midday the next day. The journey was long, all ship crew was tired.

Charlotte and Childe took a carriage to bring them back home. During the trip, girl was looking out the carriage window, enjoying the familiar snowy landscapes. Orange-haired Harbinger, on other hand, was busy reading some documents that his agent delivered last night.

After an hour or so, they finally arrived. Charlotte felt herself freezing with her eyes wide when she saw a giant mansion in front of her. Are they at the right place? When they were children, she remembers Childe living in a small hut in a sea-side village they docked at...

"Pheeew, now that's a long trip! Home sweet home!" she heard her companion say behind her back.

"H-Huh...? You live here?" Charlotte looked back at him, surprised. "I remember you living elsewhere and... in smaller... house...."

Harbinger only chuckled.

"Girlie, it's been around 12 years since that, you know? Things change! Now let's head inside. We'll freeze to death if we just stand here. Snezhnaya's frosty climate is no joke."

"R-Right..."

They both walked forward, stopping at the front door. Childe knocked 3 times and waited for door to be opened.

Door obviously wasn't soundproof and you could hear children voices behind.

"Hey! Mom said to not open door for strangers!"

"It's big brother! I know it!"

"How can you be so sure?!"

"Hey, get that chair here!"

You could hear chair that was being pushed around noises and children whispers. Charlotte watched how Childe raised his hand to wave and smiled.

"It's big brother!!"

"He's with a girl...!"

"Does she count as stranger?"

Door slowly opened, a girl, around age of 12, peaking out.

"Hello...?"

"Tonia!" Childe came closer, greeting his younger sister, "Did you get my letter?"

Orange-haired girl with 2 braids shook her head.

"Oh... Well, let us in. This is Charlotte, she's with me!"

The door opened wider, Childe stepped in, dragging his travel companion and the luggage together inside. Before either of them could react, tall ginger was pushed down on the ground in a tight embrace of 2 little boys.

"Big brother!!" they both said in unison.

"Teucer! Anthon! I missed you both so much!" Ajax managed to sit up, hugging both boys.

"Hey! Teucer! Anthon! Why are you always like this?! Give some space for Ajax! Tch..." the girl who opened the door crossed her arms on her chest. Her attention soon wandered on Charlotte. "Hello... I'm Tonia. What's your name?"

Charlotte felt a bit lost in a current situation, and the simple question Tonia asked her made her shiver in anxiety. Yet, the girl couldn't explain why.

"O-Oh... I'm Charlotte. It's nice to meet you..." she smiled at the girl.

"Charlotte?" boys, who once were in Ajax's embrace were now standing next to her, their blue eyes looking at her with curiosity.

"Yep. Tonia, Teucer, Anthon, this is Charlotte. Charlotte, my younger siblings. Tonia, Teucer and Anthon." He pointed at each kid, naming them.

"I see. It's nice to meet you all." Lost girl forced out a smile, still unsure how to act.