Chapter 33

Violet's P.O.V.

"And how are you doing, Violet?" I looked up from my hands at the therapy group I was sitting in at the hospital. The therapist was asking me a question but I didn't feel like talking.

It's been three weeks since I last saw Harry. Since then I've almost fully recovered, my throat is fine and I've gained most of my strength back. Niall has stayed with me at the hospital almost the entire time. I get discharged in a week but I wasn't excited. Without Harry I would have no one waiting for me. I missed him so much, the pain was unbearable. I wonder if he thought about me. I wonder if he missed me.

"Violet?" the group therapist asked again.

"What?" I said rudely.

"I asked how you were doing. You're about to be discharged soon, how does this make you feel?"

"How does it make me feel? This is bullshit. This whole thing is bullshit. Talking in a group isn't going to help with anything. My boyfriend left me because he thought he was hurting me. He thought he was being selfish for staying with me but this, leaving me, is way more selfish. I couldn't even say anything to him because I couldn't fucking speak because I was in a coma for weeks!" I practically yelled, standing up and walking out.

I walked back into my room where Niall was.

"I thought you were at group therapy?" he asked.

"I was but it's bullshit. It's not going to help me."

He sighed, "Violet, you have to at least try."

"I am trying. I'm trying by getting up every single fucking day. Niall, he left me when I was weak and when I needed him," I hesitated before I said what I really felt, "I loved him."

I felt the tears start to stream down my cheeks again. I quickly left and walked through the hall of the hospital. People were everywhere, some where crying, some where talking in hushed conversations, and some where smiling with joy. But everything seemed so sad and dim. I turned the corner and bumped into someone. I looked up, half expecting it to be Harry.

It was Alex. He was in the therapy group with me but I didn't know why he was in the hospital. He had big brown eyes and always wore the same blue baseball cap to cover his bald head. He looked about my age, maybe 18 or 19.

"Sorry." I muttered, quickly wiping away my tears.

"You're Violet right?" he asked.

"Yeah, and you're Alex?"

"That's me. I saw your speech this morning in therapy group," he said smiling, "It was lovely."

I laughed at his comment, "Lovely? I threw a fit. It was pathetic."

"It was lovely. Someone needed to tell her the truth about those group sessions. They don't do bullshit."

"And how do you feel about that?" I teased.

Alex laughed at my comment. His laugh was beautiful, his smile widened across his face and his eyes lit up. It was loud but not obnoxious. I liked his laugh but it didn't even come close to Harry's.

Alex stopped laughing and looked at me, "Were you crying?"

I played with my hands nervously, "Yeah."

"Come with me." Alex said, grabbing hold of my hand as I followed behind him.

"Where are we going?" I asked.

"It's a surprise."

"And why should I trust you? You could be a serial killer for all I know." I said, teasing him again.