Chapter 11

It felt like my heart stopped. I froze, unable to speak or move. Vivian has to be alright. She's my little sister. I can't let anything happen to her. I promised her that after dad left.

"Where are you?" I asked quickly, running out of the grocery store to Niall's car.

"At the hospital," my mother said before I hung up and quickly turned the car on and sped to the local hospital. I've been here before when my grandmother was sick so I knew my way around.

I raced through the entrance doors, not even stopping to ask what room she was in. I ran through the halls looking for my horrid mother. How could she let something like this happen?

I found her sitting on a chair outside of a hospital room. It looked like she had been crying, but I didn't care for her anymore. Not after everything that's happened.

"What happened?" I asked, out of breath.

"We were driving and I was rushing to a meeting. I was already late so I had to bring Vivian with me," my mother said frantically. "The roads were slippery and I lost control of the car. I hit the back of another car and Vivian wasn't wearing a seatbelt. She flung out of her seat and crashed into the windshield."

"What the hell were you thinking, mother! You shouldn't have been rushing and you should have made her wear her seatbelt!" I yelled at her.

I sat down frustrated and began to feel the tears that were threatening to pour out. What was my mother thinking? Why would she do that? Now look what she's done.

"What's wrong with her?" I asked quietly.

"She has a fractured skull and a couple of broken ribcages," my mother said crying. "She's in a coma, Violet. They don't know when she's going to wake up or if she'll even wake up."

I started to cry. How could this happen? Why wasn't I there to protect her? I could have made sure she was wearing a seatbelt or she could have stayed home with me.

I stood up, walking away from my crying mother and down the hall. I tried calling Niall, but he wasn't picking up his phone. He must be still sleeping.

I started walking back to my mother when I saw a familiar figure. It was Harry again. It seemed like I saw him wherever I went.

I tried walking past him without being noticed, but failed.

"Violet?" Harry called out.

I turned around wiping the tears off my face. "Oh hey, I didn't see you."

I soon as I turned around I was shocked. He had cuts and bruises all over his face and body.

"What happened to you?" I asked him, moving closer to look at his injuries.

"Nothing, what happened to you? Are you okay? Why are you here?" he asked.

"My little sister got into a car crash." I said, trying not to cry.

Harry's body froze and he tensed up. He started to look worried and nervous.

"What? Why are you looking at me like that?" I asked him curiously.

"I, um, well," he stuttered, "I was the other car that got into the accident with your sister. I didn't know it was her until now. I'm so sorry, Violet. I didn't mean to do anything."

I was shocked. How could it be Harry? It wasn't his fault though. It was my mother's. I couldn't blame him when he didn't do anything.

"It's okay, it wasn't your fault," I told him.

"What?" he asked, looking shocked. "How are you not furious with me right now?"

"It wasn't your fault. It was my mother's. She was rushing and she lost control of the car. Are you okay?"