Chapter 34

Violet's P.O.V.

Hours passed and there was no improvement with Alex. I wanted to help but all I could do was sit and wait for him to be okay.

"Vi, we've been sitting here for hours. Why don't you go get some rest?" Niall said.

I shook my head, "No."

Niall sighed and let go of my hand, "I'm going to go get some coffee."

I watched as he walked away from me. I knew I was frustrating him but I couldn't leave. Suddenly Alex's mother and father finally came out of his room. Helen's tears were dried and they were holding hands.

"He's awake and stable," Patrick said, "He wants to see you."

I got up, gave them each a small hug, and walked into Alex's room. He was laying down on the bed with blankets covering most of his body. His eyes were closed until I walked in and a small smile appeared on his lips.

I sat down next to him, "You scared me."

"I'm alright," he said, holding my hand, "I'm not going anywhere too soon. I still need more time with you."

"Please don't leave me." I said, I could feel another tear stream down my face. Alex wiped it away with the pad of his thumb.

"Shh V, don't cry."

"Sorry, this is pathetic. I shouldn't be crying," I wiped away the tears that were in my eyes, "I use to be so strong, I never let anyone see me cry. I even hated crying in front of Niall. Now it seems like all I can do is cry."

"You're still so strong, you've been through hell and back and you're still standing on two feet. Don't ever say you aren't strong."

I let a small smile form on my lips, "I should be saying this kind of stuff to you right now."

Alex laughed, "You probably should be."

His laugh was still as beautiful as it was the first time I met him. It never lessened or diminished the slightest bit.

"Help me sit up, V."

I gently pulled him up and put a pillow behind his back. I pulled back but our faces were almost touching. Neither of us pulled away and I could feel his hot breath hit my neck.

"Alex." I whispered.

"Kiss me." he said and closed the space between us.

The kiss was sweet and gentle but full of passion. It was different than any other kiss, it wasn't rushed or urgent. It was slow but almost perfect. There were no fireworks but it felt right.

We both pulled away after the kiss. Alex leaned back into his pillow and closed his eyes but there was a big smile across his face, "I've been waiting to do that for a long time."

I smiled at him and laid down next to him. My head was on his shoulder and my hand was intertwined with his.

"This feels almost perfect." I said.

"Almost? What would make it perfect?"

"If we weren't in a hospital." I said quietly, looking up at Alex.

His eyes were now open and he was staring down at me with a look of sadness.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to ruin the mood." I said.

"It's okay, V. I agree."

******

Hours passed quickly even though all we did was talk. His parents came in a couple times but only stayed for a few minutes. It was easy with Alex, unlike with Harry. Everything was simple and there were no arguments. But the entire time I felt like there was something he wanted to say.