✥Two✥

Genesis' View

Now, it's been about two weeks since the incident on the highway.

Shane, Lori, and Carl were still with me, but our group expanded to more people.

Carol, Ed, and Sophia Peletier.

Andrea and Amy Harrison.

Dale Horvath.

Jim.

T-Dog and Jacqui.

Richard, Nicole, Kaden, and Sierra Simmons.

The Morales Family.

Glenn Rhee.

Daryl and Merle Dixon.

Shane led the group into the mountains, far away from the city.

"I think this would be a good place to hold up for the time being." Shane looked around.

"There's a quarry about half a mile down that way. We could use the water to drink." I explained, sitting in the bed of my truck.

"Won't the water be contaminated with things from miners?" Andrea looked over at me.

"Not if we boil it," I answered.

"Why do we have to boil the water?" Nicole questioned.

"Quarry water has toxins in it from back when people used it for cleaning minerals. It's mostly rainwater, but the pH levels could be through the roof and potentially kill us." I explained as I started to help set up the camp.

━━━━━━━☆☆━━━━━━

The camp was set up, and I was sitting in the bed of my truck when Amy walked over to me.

"You know, I think this place could be a home." Amy leaned against the truck.

"Maybe. It sucks that we're kinda far from the city to make supply runs, but it'll make do." I answered, watching over the hill.

"Speaking of supply runs, we're gonna have to start those. We have over twenty-five people here. A couple of M.R.E's won't keep everyone satisfied." Shane stood at the edge of Dale's RV.

"I think tonight we all rest, and then tomorrow, I can drive into the city to see what we can scavenge." I looked up at him, and he nodded.

"You two seem close." Amy noticed.

"He went to school with my brother. I look up to him. Like a role model, I guess." I answered, and she nodded.

She walked back towards the group when Merle Dixon stalked over.

"Heard that you were going on a supply run tomorrow." He smirked, and I nodded.

"Yeah. Alone." I answered.

"You should let me and my brother come with. For backup. You might need it." Merle suggested.

"I move faster alone. You two wouldn't be able to keep up with me." I smirked back.

"Come on, we'll make it worth your while. It won't be so lonely too." Merle said.

"If I say yes, will you leave me alone?" I questioned. Merle nodded with a smug look on his face, and I sighed. "Fine. You and your brother can come. Now get out of my face."

Merle leaned on the truck and studied my face. "Come on, sugar tits, why don't you come to visit me in my tent?"

"In your dreams, dumbass. I would rather be surrounded by geeks than get the 14 STDs you're carrying." I rolled my eyes and Merle walked away.