✥Ten✥

Genesis' View

After driving for some time, we finally arrived at the CDC.

Just as I excepted, bodies from both Military Personnel and geeks were laying down. We jumped out of the vehicles, and then the smell hit my nose.

I covered my face with the sleeve of my jacket, while Sierra did the same with her sweatshirt, still clutching her teddy bear.

Numerous coughs came from the group in front of me, while we made out way through the sea of dead geeks.

"Stay together," Rick ordered in a whisper.

"Some of these people, I can't even tell if they were geeks before they got shot down or not," I muttered to Daryl, nodding in agreement.

We made it to the closed shutters of the building, and both Rick and Shane tried to open them.

"Walkers!" Daryl yelled, making us all turn around. And so, a geek wearing a military uniform was stumbling towards us.

I pushed Sierra towards the middle of the group to where Lori and Carol were, as Daryl shot an arrow at the geek.

"You led us into a graveyard!" Daryl yelled.

"He made a call."

"It was the wrong damn call!" Daryl yelled, and Shane pushed him back.

"Rick, this is a dead-end," Shane said.

"Where are we gonna go?" Carol cried.

"Do you hear me? No blame." Shane spoke.

"She's right. We can't be this close to the city after dark." I said, keeping an eye out for more geeks.

"Fort Benning, Rick. Still an option." Shane suggested.

"On what? No food, no fuel, that's a hundred miles." Andrea pointed out.

"A hundred and twenty-five. I checked the map." Glenn spoke.

"Forget Fort Benning, we need answers for tonight. Right now." Lori looked at her husband.

"We'll think of something." Rick tried.

"We gotta go!" I said, and we slowly made our way back to the vehicles because more and more geeks were heading out way.

"The camera, it moved," Rick called us back.

"You imagined it. There's no one here. It probably lost its power and went down." I pointed out, trying to pull him back to the vehicles.

He got out of my and Shane's grasp and started banging on the door.

"I know you're in there. I know you can hear me. Please, we're desperate." Rick looked up to the camera.

"Rick, we have to go!" I said, grabbing his arm, but he pushed me backward.

"Please help us. We have women, children, no food, hardly any gas left." Rick pleaded.

Then Lori tried to get him away from the door. After he didn't listen to her, Shane used full force into pulling him away.

With our backs turned, the shutters opened, and a bright white light blinded us.

"Daryl, Gen, you cover the back," Shane ordered as everyone walked in slowly.

"Hello?" Rick yelled, and a gun was cocked from the darkness.

"Anybody infected?" The guy yelled, holding a gun tightly in his hand.

"One of our group was. He didn't make it." Rick stood his ground.