✥Six✥

Genesis' View

The wind blew slightly as we stood on the roof.

I heard Daryl's crossbow click before he pointed it at T-Dog.

Before Glenn and I could move, Rick held his gun to Daryl's temple.

"I won't hesitate. I don't care if every walker in the city hears it." Rick said, and Daryl put his crossbow down.

"You got a do-rag or something?" Daryl finally spoke. T-Dog pulls out said do-rag and hands it to Daryl.

He placed his crossbow against the pipes and picked up Merle's hand.

"I guess the saw blade was too dull for the handcuffs." I studied the sawed off hand.

"Ain't that a bitch." He muttered.

He walked over to Glenn and unzipped the bag on his back.

"He must've used a tourniquet. Maybe his belt?" I suggested, and Daryl nodded.

"Yeah, there would be much more blood if he didn't." Daryl followed the droplets of blood, and we followed in suit. "Merle! You in here?" Daryl yelled as we made our way down the stairs.

Daryl put another feel out of its misery when we saw two dead geeks laying on the ground.

"Had enough in him to take out these two sumbitches." Daryl pointed out.

"One-handed," I added.

"Toughest asshole I met, my brother." Daryl reloaded his crossbow. "Feed him a hammer, he'd crap out nails."

"Any man can pass out from blood loss, no matter how tough he is." Rick less the way through the building.

"Merle!" Daryl hollered.

"We're not alone here. Remember?" Rick whispered.

"Screw that. He could be bleeding out. You said so yourself." Daryl said.

We walked past an open flame, and a certain smell entered my nose.

"What's that burned stuff?" Glenn asked as Rick picked up a metal piece.

"Skin. He cauterized his wound." I answered.

"Told you he was tough." Daryl looked at us. "Nobody can kill merle but merle."

"Don't take that on faith. He's lost a lot of blood." Rick pointed out.

"Yeah?" Daryl walked over to the broken window. "Didn't stop him from busting out of this death trap."

"He left the building?" Glenn noticed. "Why the hell would he do that?"

"Why wouldn't he? He's out there alone as far as he knows, doing what he's got to do. Surviving." Daryl spoke.

"You call that surviving? Just wandering out in the streets, maybe passing out?" T-Dog questioned. "What are his odds out there?"

"Now worse than being handcuffed and left behind to rot by you sorry pricks." He looked at Glenn and T-Dog. "You couldn't kill him. Ain't so worried about some dumb dead bastard."

"What about a thousand dumb dead bastards? Different story?" Rick wavered.

"Why don't you take a tally do you want. I'm gonna go get him." Daryl started walking to the window.

"Daryl, wait." Rick pushed on his chest.

"Get your hands off me. You can't stop me." Daryl yelled.

"I don't blame you. He's family, I get that. I went through hell to find mine. I know exactly how you feel." Rick looked at him. "He can't get far with that injury. We could help you check a few blocks around, but only if we keep a level head."

"I could do that."

"Only if we get those guns first. I'm not strolling the streets of Atlanta with just my good intentions, okay?" T-Dog answered.

Kaden's View

Jim was up a little further in the mountains continuously digging holes. They looked like they could hold bodies.

Eight holes to be exact.

The group had gone to figure out what was going on, while I stayed on watch.

"Kaden. Come down here for a second." Dad called from his tent.

I jumped down for the RV and walked over to him. He opened his tent to show me Sierra sleeping, still cuddled into Gen's jacket.

"What are you trying to show me?" I questioned.

"How the hell did she get her jacket?" Dad looked at me. "I told you, I told your mother, and I told her. Don't get attached to these people. We stay, they feed us, they protect us, and then we leave. And we take their food, and weapons while they're sleeping."

"What? You never told us any of this. And we can't just get up and leave. We have a great group of people, who use weapons in a good way." I argued. "If you want to leave, then go. But don't bring mom, and us into this. And don't take their supplies." I stared and stood back on the RV.

Genesis' View

"You aren't doing this alone," Rick said after Glenn went over the plan.

"Even I think it's a bad idea and I don't even like you much." Daryl chimed in.

"It's a good idea, okay, if you just hear me out." Glenn looked up. Rick knelt while I continued to stand next to Daryl. "If we go out there in a group, we're slow. We draw attention. If I'm alone, I can move fast." Glenn glanced around. "Look. That's the tank, five blocks from where we are now. That's the bag of guns. Here's the alley I dragged you into when we first met. That's where Daryl and I will go."

"Why me?"

"Your crossbow is quieter than his gun and faster than her knife." Glenn referred to Rick and me. "While Daryl waits here in the alley, I run up the street and grab the bag."

"You got me, T-Dog, and Gen elsewhere?" Rick questioned.

"You three, you'll be in this alley over here." Glenn moved an eraser.

"Two blocks away? Why?" Rick tilted his head.

"It's so if he can't get back to Daryl, he comes to us. Right?" I guessed, and Glenn nodded.

"Whichever direction I go, I got you in both places to cover me. Afterward, we all meet back here." Glenn finished his plan.

"Hey, kid, what'd you do before all this?" Daryl asked.

"Delivered pizzas, why?" Glenn answered.

"That makes sense now," I muttered, and the five of us split up.

Rick, T-dog, and I took our spot in the alleyway, and I watched around the corner at the tank. I watched as he used the cars as cover, and made a run towards the bag.

We all heard an echo, and we started running back down the alley. The three of us ran upon Daryl closing the gate, with no Glenn, and a young white boy laying on the ground.

"Daryl, stop it!" Rick held Daryl back, while T-Dog and I pushed the other one against the wall.

"Let me go!" He yelled, making me push into him even harder.

"Shut the hell up!" I told him, and he flinched.

"They took Glenn. That little bastard and his little bastard homie friends. I'm gonna stomp your ass!" Daryl yelled as the kid.

"Guys, we gotta go!" T-Dog making us all turn to the wall of geeks moaning at us through the fence.

"Get to the lab. Go." Rick instructed. We all ran and brought the kid with us.

━━━━━━━☆☆━━━━━━
From: Season 1 Episode 4: Vatos (pt. 1)

Words: 1198