✥Twenty-Two✥

Genesis' View

I watched from the top of the RC Carl and Lori walking out of the house.

"Look at you go, kid!" I called down to him. "How are you feeling, kiddo?"

"Way better. I can keep up with you now." He let out a smile.

"Pretty soon, I'm gonna have trouble keeping up with you." I joked, and then he and Lori walked over to where the chickens were at.

"Hey! Peach man!" Shane called Glenn over. "You too, Gen."

I climbed down the RV and walked over to where they were.

"...I'll take suggestions on a partner," Shane said, reaching into the basket of fruit Glenn had.

"Take Gen. You know how well she shoots. You can have each other backs." Rick suggested.

"For what?" I asked, leaning against the car.

"Going on a run after gun practice, gonna look for Sophia and get some more supplies. Are you in?" Shane asked, handing me a fruit.

"I guess." I took the fruit from him, and Patricia and Beth walked over to us.

"We'd like to join you for gun training today," Beth spoke.

"Hershel's been very clear. I can't involve any of you in what we do without his okay." Rick told the girls.

"He doesn't like it, but he consented," Beth explained.

"Otis was the only one who knew guns. Now that he's gone, we gotta learn to protect ourselves. Her father saw the sense in that." Patricia said.

"No offense, but I'll ask Hershel myself," Rick said, and I walked away, going in the opposite direction of Shane.

"Hey, Gen," Sierra called me over. "Can you teach me how to shoot a gun?" Sierra asked.

"Ask your father if I can take you to our shooting range that Rick, Shane, and I plan on doing. I'll train you myself if he says yes." I answered her, and she ran to where Richard was sitting.

I walked over to where Shane was at his car, and he closed the trunk.

"Just wanna make sure that you 100% in ongoing with me," Shane asked.

"Yes. I am. For Sophia's sake." I reminded him, and Sierra ran over to me. "If Richard said yes, I'm gonna train Sierra with a gun."

"As long as you asked her father," Shane said.

"Anything?" I asked her, and she nodded. We got into the car with Shane, and he drove to where the gun range is gonna take place.

━━━━━━━☆☆━━━━━━

We set up glass bottles, and I showed Sierra how to load the gun. Kaden was over getting trained by Rick, so my main concern was Sierra.

She aimed the gun and took a deep breath. She pulled the trigger and hit the glass bottle, and it shattered.

"I did it!" She turned towards me. I sent her a small smile, and she continued to do it.

"How's she doing?" Rick walked up to us.

"She hit a couple of bottles, so I let her use my heavier gun, and then she hit a couple more bottles." I stood up. "She's a good shot, for a kid," I explained.

"That's good," Rick said and walked back to where Carl and Lori were.

━━━━━━━☆☆━━━━━━