✥Twenty-Three✥

Genesis' View

Josh, Derek, and Ted were spread out in the room. One was on the couch, one was looking out the window, and the other was at the bar the house had.

"You two drink?" Derek held up an unopened bottle of whiskey.

"We're okay," Shane answered for us.

"Let the soldier speak, man." Derek stared at Shane. "Sweet cheeks, you want a drink?"

"I don't drink with strangers," I answered.

"We ain't strangers. We still don't know your guys' names." Ted leaned back on the couch.

I sat against the window sill, and Shane sat next to me.

"Well, ain't you two peas in a freaking pod. If one goes somewhere, the other one has to go too, right?" Josh laughed.

"Yeah, that's right." Shane glared at the three of them.

"You two look cleaned up. You got a camp somewhere?" Derek took a shot.

"No. We're constantly on the move." I lied.

"Got a destination?"

"Up north. Where it's cold. It could slow the geeks down." I continued. "Maybe Nebraska. Set up a small farm."

"Looks like you two got your life planned out. Any others? Or just you two?"

"We broke off from our group for supplies. We told them we would catch up. There only like, five minutes up the road. If they hear a gunshot, they'll come running." I made up a story as we go.

"Didn't look like you had many supplies to find." Josh looked me up and down.

"Yeah, this place was raided already. You could tell by the burnt geeks in the garage of the one place." I shifted my weight to my other leg.

"So, you two got names yet?" Ted titled his head. I glanced over at Shane, who nodded.

"Shane. She's Gen," Shane said.

"Jen as in Jennifer?" Ted questioned.

"Gen as in Genesis." I corrected him. "Listen, us talking is bullshit. I'm gonna be straight out. We're losing daylight, and geeks are gonna follow those gunshots from you idiots." I started, but Derek smashed a bottle to the ground.

"What's the rush sweet cheeks? Don't you wanna spend time with us? Been a while since we've seen a girl your age." Derek squinted his eyes at me.

I started to feel uncomfortable with him staring at me, so I shifted closer to Shane, who put his arm around me.

"Come on, fellas. Just let us leave, and you can go on with your lives." Shane suggested.

"Nah, man. You see, if we leave, she comes with us." Ted stood up from the couch and pointed his gun at us. Josh and Derek followed his actions, so we had three guns pointed at us.

"Sweetcheeks, get your tiny ass over here, or we'll shoot your friend dead." Derek threatened.

I stood up and slowly made my way over to the bar. I made eye contact with Shane, who had worried written on his face.

Derek pulled me into his arms and pushed his crotch into my ass. I let out a shaky breath, as I felt him take my knives off my thigh, his hand staying on my thigh longer than I wanted.

He backed up into the room behind the bar and kicked the door closed.

"Don't touch her!" Shane yelled, and then a gunshot rang through the room.

He dropped his gun, before grabbing my hips, and pulled me into him. "It's been a while since I've had a girl this young," Derek whispered in my ear and started playing with my belt. I felt his other hand go up to my shirt, and touch my chest.

I tried to bring my knee up to kick him, but he tackled me to the ground, so he was on top of me.

I struggled under him, and he smirked. I threw a punch, and he toppled over.

I pulled out my gun and pulled the trigger instantly. I heard another gunshot, and I sprinted out of the room.

"Hey, Gen, why don't you step outside?" Shane offered, and I nodded. Ted was dead on the ground with a bullet in his forehead.

I walked outside and slid down the house wall. I put my face into my hands, let out a shaky breath, and held back my sob.

It was silent when Shane walked out. I felt his presence sit next to me, and he tried to wrap his arm around me, but I pushed him off.

"Hey, Gen. Look at me." Shane rubbed my arm.

"Shane. Enough. We aren't talking about what happened in there." My voice cracked, and Shane tried to wrap me in a hug. "Please. Stop."

I stood up, and he handed me my knives back.

"Years ago, when you found out that I ran away. You shouldn't have come to look for me." I told him and started walking back to the car.

"What? Don't talk like that." Shane grabbed my arm and pulled me back.

"No, it's true. Because you wouldn't have to watch over me like I'm your kid, and we wouldn't be in this situation right now!" I turned towards him, my voice cracking in the process.

"Gen, if you think this is somehow your fault, you're wrong," Shane reassured.

"Shane, I just put your life at stake because didn't make sure that you were on board with my plan." I looked at him. "You should just go back to the farm."

"Did you hit your head? Because you're talking nonsense." Shane tried to get close to me.

I shoved him away from me and stepped back from him.

"Look at us, man. We were pretty close to death there. And I put us in danger. Think of what I could do with the entire group." I argued. "Just leave me," I muttered, and looked down at the ground.

I continuously muttered, "just me here." To him, and he forced me to look at him. I reacted and went to throw a punch, but he pulled me into a tight hug. I tightened my grip around him and buried my face into his shirt.

"I'm not leaving you, Gen. I'm never gonna leave you. I promise." He rubbed my back as I finally let out a sob. He placed a gentle kiss on top of my head, and I pulled away from the hug. I wiped my tears, and we walked to the car.

"Can, can we not mention any of this to Rick or the group?" I asked, playing with the zipper of my jacket.

"Yeah," Shane whispered and placed a hand on my shoulder. I looked at my knuckles, to see that they were oozing with blood. "Those might need stitches."

"No. Because then he'll ask what happened. I'll be fine." I wiped my dry tears, and he drove back to the farm.

We got out of the car, and Carol and Dale walked up to us.

"Anything?" Carol asked.

"No. Not today." I answered, keeping my eyes on the ground.

"What happened out there?" Dale asked. "Gen, your hand is bleeding." He pointed out.

I didn't answer and glanced over at Shane.

"We got attacked by walkers. She punched one, and split her knuckles open." Shane lied.

"Let's go get you cleaned up." Carol ran her hand down my back and led me away from Dale and Shane.

━━━━━━━☆☆━━━━━━
Filler Chapter

Words: 1227