✥Thirty-Three✥

Genesis' View

Two gunshots.

We heard two gunshots while we were jogging back to the house. In the span of three minutes, everything was gonna go to shit.

We walked inside the house and looked around.

"Rick and Shane ain't back?" Daryl noticed.

"No," Lori answered.

"We heard a shot," Daryl said.

"Maybe they found Randall." Lori guessed.

"We found him," Daryl announced.

"Is he back in the shed?" Maggie questioned.

"He's a walker."

"Did you find the walker that bit him?" Hershel spoke.

"That's the weird thing. He wasn't bit. His neck was snapped." I explained.

"So he fought back." Patricia guessed.

"The thing is, Shane and Randall's tracks were right on top of each other. And Shane ain't no tracker, so he didn't come up behind him. They were together." Daryl explained.

"Would you please get back out there, find Rick and Shane and find out what on earth is going on?" Lori glanced between Daryl and me.

"You got it."

"Of course."

Daryl and I walked onto the porch, and I pulled out Shane's gun.

"We don't tell them about Shane's necklace and gun until after," I said, and he nodded.

Andrea and Glenn joined us on the porch to see geeks surrounding the barn.

"Patricia, kill the lights," Hershel said as everyone was now on the porch.

"I'll get the guns."

"Maybe they're just passing. Like the herd on the highway. Should we just go inside?" Glenn asked.

"Not unless there's a tunnel downstairs I don't know about. A herd that size would rip the house down." Daryl explained.

"Carl's gone." Lori walked outside.

"What?" Daryl and I turned towards her in unison.

"He was upstairs. I can't find him anymore." Lori explained.

"Maybe he's hiding," Glenn suggested.

"He's supposed to be upstairs I'm not leaving without my boy."

"We're not. We're gonna look again. We're gonna find him." Carol said, and the two walked back inside.

Andrea passed out the guns, and Sierra tried to walk outside.

"Hey, Sierra, no, go back inside with your brother," I ordered, and she ran back inside.

Maggie handed Glenn a shotgun, and the two shared a small conversation. Andrea handed me a familiar shotgun, and I looked it over. It was Shane's old one.

I loaded it up and made sure that it was ready to shoot.

"You can go if you want." Hershel looked over at Daryl.

"You gonna take 'em all on?" Daryl asked.

"We have guns. We have cars." Hershel explained.

"Kill as many as we can, and we'll use the cars to lead the rest of them off the farm." Andrea joined in.

"Are you serious?"

"This is my farm. I'll die here." Hershel walked say.

"Alright. It's as good a night as any." Daryl said. Kaden walked out of the house, and I tossed him my keys to my truck.