✥Thirty-Eight✥

Genesis' View

Carol, Kaden, T, and Daryl were all in the courtyard moving the vehicles with Rick and me.

"Let's get the other car in," Rick said, and I got out of my truck that was parked behind the prison bus. "We'll park them in the west entry of the yard."

"Good. Our vehicles camped out there look like a giant 'vacancy' sign." Daryl said.

"After that, we need to load up these corpses so we can burn them," Rick suggested.

"Gonna be a long day." T sighed.

"Where's Glenn and Maggie? We could use some help." Carol asked.

"Up in the guard tower," I answered.

"Guard tower? They were just up there last night." Rick said, and a smile crept onto my face.

"Glenn! Maggie!" Daryl yelled, and two heads popped up from the ground.

"Hey, what's up guys?" A shirtless Glenn walked on the balcony of the tower.

"You comin'?" Daryl joked, making a laugh come out of everyone.

"What?"

"You comin'?" He repeated. "Come on, we could use a hand."

"Yeah, we'll be right down," Glenn called to us and turned towards Maggie.

Carol, Kaden, Rick, and Daryl started walking towards the vehicles, while T and I watched the gate, and saw Axel and Oscar stumbling out.

"Hey, Rick," T called out. They faced us, and Rick stormed past us towards the prisoners.

"Come with me." He said to us.

T, Kaden, and Daryl quickly followed while Carol and I dragged our feet.

"I know it's only the morning, but I don't like how smooth the day is going so far. Somethings gonna happen." I said to her, and she looked at me.

"Let's hope you're wrong, alright?" She said, and I nodded.

"Our deal is not negotiable. You either live in your cell block, or you leave." Rick said as we arrived at them.

"I told you this was a waste of time. They ain't no different than the pricks who shot up our boys. You know how many friends' corpses we had to drag out this week just threw them out. These were good guys. Good guys who had our backs against the really bad dudes in the joint, like Tomas and Andrew." Oscar explained. "We've all made mistakes to get in here, chief. And I'm not gonna pretend to be a saint, but believe me, we've paid our due enough that we would rather hit that road than to go back into that shithole."

Rick turned towards Daryl, who shook his head slightly and then had him lock them in the opening of the prison.

While the group talked, I started to move the vehicles closer to the entrance of the prison, backing up my truck so it had easy access to leave if we needed to.

T, Maggie, and Carol soon joined me while Daryl, Glenn, Kaden, and Rick went to get wood to burn the geeks.

About ten or so minutes later, Hershel, Beth, Lori, Carl, and Sierra came out of the cellblock.

"Let's go, Hershel!" I heard from Glenn when I got out of the truck.

Sierra wandered over to me, and I put a hand on her shoulder as I watched Hershel make his way around the courtyard with his crutches.

"We got geeks!" I yelled as multiple geeks filed out of an open gate. I pulled out my gun as I started to shoot along with everyone. Maggie brought Beth and Hershel somewhere safe, while T and Carol ran ahead towards the geeks.