✥Twelve✥

Third Person View

"Decontamination. What does that mean?" Glenn breathed.

"To get rid of hazards, whether they're chemical, or physical," Gen explained, rushing beside Shane down the stairwell.

"I dont like the way Jenner clammed up. The way he just wandered off like that." Shane said.

"What's wrong with him? Seriously, man, is he nuts, medicated, what?" T-Dog asked.

"I usually have an answer that I pulled from my ass. This time, I do not." Gen explained. "In there." She pointed down the hallway.

The five of them walked into where the fuel was being held and split up. T-Dog and Glenn. Gen, Shane, and Rick.

"I found the fuel tank," Gen said, and the two boys walked over to her.

On the gauge, it had read E for empty. Rick moved the tank with little power, and Shane noticed.

"It's empty," Rick said, and then the lights went out.

"Emergency lighting, on," Vi said throughout the building.

"What the hell is this?" Shane looked around.

"It can't be that the fuel is entirely gone, we still have half an hour before decontamination." Gen pointed out.

"Hey, you guys kill the lights?" Glenn and T-Dog joined the group.

"Nah, it just went out," Shane observed the tank.

"You two find anything?" Gen asked, holding the flashlight for Shane.

"Yeah, a lot of dead generators and more empty fuel drums than I can count," T-Dog explained.

"It can't be down to just that one." Shane pointed out.

━━━━━━━☆☆━━━━━━

"Is everything alright, Kaden?" Sierra asked, sitting up from the couch.

"The air conditioning stopped," Kaden said, and then the lights went out.

Everyone filed into the hallway, and made their way into the big room, following Dr. Jenner.

"Why is the air off?"

"And the lights in our room?"

"What's going on? Why is everything being turned off?"

"Energy use is being prioritized." Jenner brought the bottle of alcohol to his lips.

"Air isn't a priority? And lights?" Dale pointed out.

"It's not up to me. Zone five is shutting itself down."

"Hey! Hey, what the hell does that mean?" Daryl rushed in front of the group. "Hey man, I'm talking to you. What do you mean it's shutting itself down? How can a building do that?"

Genesis' View

We pretty much sprinted back into the big room, to see the group all standing above us with Jenner.

"Rick?" Lori leaned over the railing.

"Jenner, what the hell is happening?" I rushed up next to him.

"The system is dropping all the nonessential uses of power. It's designed to keep the computers running to the last possible second. That started as we approached the half-hour mark." Jenner explained to Rick and me.