✥Thirty-Seven✥

Genesis' View

Daryl, T-Dog, and Rick went to clean out a cell block, and I watched over Hershel with Glenn and Carol.

Carl had found the infirmary, and Lori flipped out in him for going alone. She had all the right to be mad.

Carol has wrapped Hershel's leg with the bandages and then turned towards me.

"Gen, can you help me for a sec?" Carol called me over. I nodded and grabbed my set of keys from the stairs, as I followed her out of the prison, down to where the geeks were.

"Why are we out here again?" I asked her.

"Lori told us that she had Carl as a C-section. She'll probably have to have another one for this baby." Carol explained. "Hershel had a little bit of experience with this kind of thing, but he's not gonna be able to do it anymore. I need experience." She explained.

"Understandable," I muttered and distracted the other geeks while she brought in the one she wanted after killing it.

"I need to learn how to cut through the abdomen to the uterus without cutting the baby." She explained. I sat in the gravel as started to practice on the geek.

"I'm glad that Hershel had taught you some things," I spoke.

"Not everything." She sighed. "You don't have to be out here if you don't want to be."

"Are you sure? What if you need another geek?"

"I'll figure it out. Thank you." Carol sent me a smile, and I nodded.

I walked back into the prison and met up with Rick, Daryl, and T-Dog as they were walking back towards the cell block.

"Where were you?" Rick asked.

"Carol asked me to help her with something," I told him. "Lori had Carl by C-section. That's how it's probably gonna be with this baby too. She's practicing how to do one on a dead geek if Hershel can't do it." I explained. "What happened with the convicts?"

"Big Tiny was scratched, and then was killed by Tomas. Andrew ran out to the yard full of walkers. Rick killed Tomas. Axel and Oscar are in another cell block." T explained to me.

I nodded, and we walked into the cell block.

I walked over to where Sierra and Kaden were on the steps and sat next to her.

"Hershel stopped breathing. Lori saved him." She explained to me.

We walked over towards the cell, as I stood in the back next to Daryl, as Hershel slowly opened his eyes.

As Rick knelt next to Hershel, his eyes scanned the group, and they stopped on me.

I sent him a single nod, and he sent one back.

Lori walked past me, and then Rick followed her.

We left Maggie and Beth with Hershel, and I walked up the steps.

"What happened with Tomas?" I asked Daryl.

"Killed Big Tiny in cold blood, and threw a walker at Rick trying to kill him." He explained.

"And Andrew?"

"He ran off into walkers, Rick said. He's dead right off the bat with no weapon." He said. I nodded, and he put his crossbow next to his mattress. "Try and get some sleep. You look exhausted." He pointed out.

"You too," I said and walked into the cell.

I lay on the mattress and fell asleep after a while.

Running. That's all we knew. How to run. Where to run.

It was tiring.

"Gen! Get down!" A voice yelled. I couldn't tell who was yelling.

I was pulled to the ground by the person, and gunshots happened above us.

Geeks were dropping like flies above us. Once they were all gone, the two of us stood up to see four people in all black with assault rifles in their hands.

"Are you two bit?" The guy in the front asked.

"No, we aren't. We're both fine." I answered, wiping the dirt off my pants.

"Good. Follow us." He said, and two of his friends appeared behind us and pushed us forward.

We followed behind before a rag was placed over my mouth and nose, knocking me out.

I jolted awake to see the moonlight shining through the barred windows.

It was quiet. Everyone was asleep.

I rubbed my eyes, before making my way out of the prison towards the field.

Geeks were lined up at the fences, and I walked down past the guard tower.

I stabbed the geeks with my knife and they dropped to the ground.

Once there weren't as many geeks near the fence, the sun started to rise, and Rick walked out into the courtyard.

"Morning." I sent him a small smile.

"Morning. How long have you been up?" He asked.

"A few hours. I took care of the geeks that were lined up at the fence. If they group up they can't take down that fence easily." I told him and he nodded.

"T and Daryl were just waking up. They'll be out here soon to help us get everything into place." He said, and I nodded.

━━━━━━━☆☆━━━━━━
From: Season 3 Episode 2: Sick (Pt. 2)

Words: 853