✥Thrity-One✥

Genesis' View

It was the next day. Rick didn't tell us an answer about Randall, just told Daryl and me to see what type of we can get from him.

I stood against the wall as Daryl paced in front of Randall, who was panting.

Daryl threw another punch to Randall's face, knocking him over in the chair. And then another.

"I told you," Randall started.

"You told me shit!" Daryl rustled him against the wall.

"I barely knew those guys. I met 'em on the road." Randall cried.

"How many in your group?" Daryl asked. He didn't answer, so he pulled his knife out.

"Uh, no, please, come on, man." Randall pleaded. Daryl slashed his knife, which landed close to Randall's leg.

"How many?!"

"Uh, thirty. Thirty. Thirty guys."

"Where?" Daryl asked. Randall didn't answer, and I watched as he tore open his leg patching.

"I don't know. I swear." Randall screamed. "We were never anyplace more than a night."

"Scouting? Planning on staying local?" Daryl slowly dug his knife into Randall's leg.

"I, I don't know. They, they left me behind."

"Did you ever pick off a scab?" Daryl asked.

"Come on, man!" Randall looked over at me. "Can't you stop him?"

"No. I can't. Even if I could, I wouldn't." I shrugged.

"I'm, I'm trying to cooperate," Randall spoke.

"Start real slow at first. Sooner or later you've just gotta rip it off." Daryl explained.

"Okay! Okay. They have weapons. Heavy stuff, automatics." He stammered. "But I didn't do anything."

"Your boys shot at my boys and her, tried to take this farm. You just went along for the ride? You're trying to tell me you're innocent?" Daryl asked.

"Yes! These, these people took me in. Not just guys, a whole group of 'em. Men and women, kids too, just like you people. Thought I'd have a better chance with them, you know?" Randall glanced between the two of us. "But, we got out, scavenge, just the men. One night, we found this little campsite. A man and his two daughters, teenagers, you know? Real young. Real cute." Randall explained, and I tensed up. He was exactly like his group. "Their daddy had to watch while these guys, they, and they didn't even kill him afterwards. They just, they just made him watch as his daughters, they just left him there. But, I didn't touch those girls. I swear, I didn't touch them." He pleaded as I knocked his chair over on its side with one swift kick. "Please, you gotta believe me, man. I'm not like that. I ain't like that." He cried.

Daryl landed a few more punches on him, and I didn't stop him.

He and I walked out of the barn and locked it up. We walked over to where the group was, and they turned towards us.

"Boy there's got a gang, thirty men. They have heavy artillery and they ain't looking to make friends." Daryl explained. "They roll through here, our boys are dead. And our women, they're gonna wish they were."

"What did you do?" Carol asked. She noticed the blood on his knuckles.

"Had a little chat," I answered for him. "We can't have anyone near this guy."

"You're right. No one goes near him." Rick nodded.

Lori and he muttered to each other, and I watched the barn from afar.