✥Thirty-Five✥

Genesis' View

"Ready?" Rick asked.

No one answered, but he pushed open the gate, while T, Glenn, Maggie Daryl, Rick, and myself entered.

Daryl and I were taking up the back, with T on my left.

The rest of the group were standing on the outside of the fence trying to get as many away from us as possible.

"Don't break rank!" Rick yelled as T moved from his spot to grab a riot shield on the ground.

Rick went to open the door to one of the cell blocks, but he noticed another open gate.

Then geeks with riot gear started to file out from behind a dumpster.

Two appeared out of nowhere, and Daryl shot a bolt at the helmet, it bouncing off completely.

What the hell did he think was gonna happen?

We moved up, while a geek with a gas mask came out of the door towards Maggie.

I circled one geek with a riot helmet on, before getting behind it, and slamming my knife into the back of its neck.

"Yo," I called out to them. They were attacking the helmets, only worsening their blades. "Back of the neck or under the chin to kill," I spoke, and they did just that.

Rick and Daryl had already managed to get the other gate closed, and then we pushed into the actual prison.

Rick led the way, while Daryl opened the door.

We walked further in, to see paper scattered around. It was quiet. No moans of the geeks were heard.

We separated to make sure it was safe when Rick tossed down a set of keys to me from the peak above us.

We entered the cell block, and Daryl and I quickly walked up the metal stairs while the rest took the bottom cells.

Rick had met up with us, as a loud clang came from the end of the top row.

I made my way down with the boys behind me, checking every cell for the geek that made the noise.

One geek poked his hands through the bars, and then another. And then one more at the end.

I stabbed my knife through its forehead, and it dropped to the ground.

Daryl and Rick did the same thing with the other geeks, and I turned towards them.

Rick opened the cells, and we tossed down the geeks to where T was, and he dragged them out with Kaden.

The rest of the group had filed in, slowly walking around the mess.

"We sleep in the cells?" Beth asked.

"I found sets of keys on guards. Daryl and Gen have a set too." Rick informed the group.

"I ain't sleeping in no cage. I'll take the perch." Daryl said, placing his crossbow on the ground, and dragged a mattress out of a cell.

I took the cell at the end on the top. I put my bag down on it and turned towards the door.

Sierra walked in and put her bag next to mine.

"You can have the top bunk if you want, kiddo," I said, and she nodded. She jumped up, and I handed her the teddy bear from her bag. "Try to get some sleep, alright?"

She nodded, and I placed my jacket on her like a blanket.

I lay on the bottom bunk and stares at the mattress as I fell asleep.