✥Eight✥

Kaden's View

We were all sitting around the fire eating the fish that Amy and Andrea caught when Amy started screaming.

A group of walkers made their way into camp and were terrorizing us.

"Mom!" Carl yelled as everyone started to get up.

Children were screaming, everyone tried to protect everyone, until Gen and the others filed in guns blazing.

"Gen!" Sierra cried and sprinted to her. I watched as Gen picked her up, and the group made their way to the RV.

Genesis' View

We had lost Ed, Amy, and four other survivors.

"Shane!" I yelled, and he looked up from the geek he had killed. "What happened?" I asked, and he pulled me into a tight embrace.

"Walkers attacked us-" He started.

"No shit. How come no one was on watch?" I cut him off.

"It was stupid, Gen. I just thought, I just thought he could all have a peaceful night where no one needed to be on watch so we can all eat together," Shane explained.

We pulled away from the hug, and I did a headcount.

"Shane. We're missing someone." I pointed out.

"Ed's in his tent," Shane said.

"No. Where's Nicole?" I looked around.

"She was just eating with us," Dale explained.

"She might've wandered off into the woods to get away from the gunfire," Jim suggested.

"Shane, come with me and find her. The rest of you, we should start burning the geek bodies." I ordered.

"And who let you be queen bitch of his place, soldier castellan?" Richard scolded.

"I did." Shane stepped in front of him.

"Your wife is missing, man. Don't give us this bullshit right now." I rolled my eyes, and we walked into the woods.

"Gen, you know what we have to do if..." Shane started.

"I know. But she might not be. We have to make sure." I said, and we heard crying.

We stumbled upon Nicole sitting against a tree, crying, with a bite mark on her arm.

"Gen, Shane. I'm sorry." Nicole cried.

"Don't be sorry." Shane sighed.

"I didn't want to turn, and then cause more trouble. I didn't want to hurt my little girl or my boy, or Carol's little girl, or Lori's little boy." Nicole explained. "Just put your knife through my brain, so I don't turn."

"Nicole, you have to let your kids say goodbye." I pointed out, and Nicole shook her head.

"I can't let them see me like this."

"Nicole, do it for them." Shane insisted, and then she nodded. "I'll go get them." He said and walked away.

"Please, I need you to do me a big favor, Gen," Nicole spoke. "Please, watch over Sierra, like she's your own. She needs a mother figure in her life. I want you to be it."

"Of course. And everyone in the group will watch over her. I promise." I said, and she laughed.

"The way my son looks at you is the way I looked at my husband before we got married." She smiled.

"You were into your husband? Really? I gotta apologize for that." I tried to lighten the mood. "I'll watch over him too, make sure he stays strong, alright?"