✥Twenty✥

Genesis' View

Sierra and I walked silently through the woods. It had been about three hours since we left the farm. Not many geeks were around. Or animals to be exact.

We stumbled upon a clearing, to see a house in the middle of the opening. We walked up to it, and I pulled out my gun.

"Stay behind me," I whispered to her, and she nodded.

I opened the door and made my way in. I swept through the bottom floor, before going upstairs. As I was walking the small hallway, the floor creaked under me. Before it gave away under my right foot and crashed under me.

My other leg and hands were holding me up, and I got my leg out of the hole in the floor.

"Are you okay?" Sierra asked from the bottom of the stairs.

I looked at my pants, to see small amounts of blood spreading quickly. I lifted my pant leg to see scrapes up and down my shin.

"Uh, yeah. I'm okay. Just, stay down there. The floors are weak up here." I answered. I watched my step as I continued through the second floor, now with a limp.

With nothing to pick from the place, Sierra and I started making our way back towards the farm. I watched as Daryl was walking back up the creek, and he spotted us.

"What the hell did you do?" He asked, holding his crossbow away from us.

"Fell through some floorboards that rotted away. I'll be fine." I answered, and we walked back to the farm.

━━━━━━━☆☆━━━━━━

We made it back to the farm, and Daryl went into the RV. Shane walked up to me and then noticed my leg.

"Don't even start. I'm fine." I said to him and sat against my truck.

"What happened? Did you get attacked?"

"Yeah. By stupid bob the builder wannabes who can't do their job right. Fell through the floor." I sighed and lifted my pant leg. I used a clean rag that was in my truck to clean the blood as best as I could. "You don't think I'll need stitches, right?"

"I don't know, we should get Hershel to look at it." Shane looked at me. "Bob the builder wannabes?"

"Shut up." I nudged him away. Shane helped me over to where Hershel was standing, and he noticed my leg. "Hey, doc. It's nothing major. Can you just tell me if I'm gonna need stitches for this or not?"

"Well, what happened?" Hershel questioned.

"We came up to a house that looked fairly new. So I went up the stairs, and the floor just collapsed under my foot." I explained.

"I should've told you about that place. It was never finished because termites were eating away at the wood." Hershel said, examining my leg. "I don't think you'll need stitching, just take it easy for the next couple of days."

I nodded and went over to where the RV was parked. I struggled to climb on top of it, but I finally made it up to sit next to Dale.

We watched the sunset, and one by one people started to go to sleep. Glenn climbed up and took Dale's spot for him to get something from the RV.

"I see you and Kaden getting super close all of this. Is anything gonna happen there?"

"No. Kaden and I are just friends. Nothing will happen between us." I answered in full confidence. "What about you and Maggie? I see the way you look at her."

"No." That was all he said, and I left it at that.

━━━━━━━☆☆━━━━━━

Everyone was awake besides Lori, for some reason. Carol was hanging the Landry on the line, while I stood with the map.

"Alright, everyone's getting new search grids today. If she made it as far as the farmhouse Daryl found, she might be gone further east than we've been so far." Rick explained.

"I'd like to help." Jimmy walked over to us. "I know the area pretty well, and stuff."

"Is Hershel okay with this?" I asked him, and he looked at me.

"Yeah. Yeah. He said I should ask you." Jimmy said, and I could sense some lie in his voice.

"Alright then, thanks," Rick said, believing him.

"Nothing about what Daryl found screams Sophia to me. Anyone could have been holed up in that farmhouse." Shane said from the passenger side door.

"Anyone includes her." I cut him off.

"Whoever slept in that cupboard was no bigger than yay-high," Daryl explained.

"It's a good lead." Andrea backed him up.

"Maybe we'll pick up her trail again." Rick hoped.

"No maybe about it. I'm gonna borrow a horse, head up to this ridge right here, take a bird's eye view of the whole grid. If she's up there, I'll spot her."

"Good idea. Maybe you'll see your chupacabra up there too." T-Dog teaser, making me shuffle a laugh.

"Chupacabra?" Rick asked.

"Oh, you've never heard this?" Dale started.

"Our first night back at the quarry, Daryl tells is that the whole thing reminds him of a time when he went squirrel hunting and he saw a chupacabra," I explained.

"You believe in a blood-sucking dog?" Rick asked.

"Do you believe dead people walking around?" Daryl shot back.

Jimmy went to pick up a rifle, which Rick quickly stopped. "You ever fire one before?"

"Well, if I'm going out I want one." Jimmy started.

"Yeah, and people in hell want Slurpees," Daryl said.

"Why don't you come train tomorrow? If you're serious I'm a certified instructor." Shane stood up.

"For now he can come with us." Andrea offered.

"He's yours to babysit then," Shane said.

"Gen, you aren't going out today. Not with your leg." Rick said.

"What? That's bullshit." I argued.

"You'll be keeping lookout with Dale. Hershel said to rest your leg for a few days. And that's what I'm having you do." Rick said, and I sighed. Instead of listening to any more of the cover, I climbed on top of the RV and watched the emptiness of the field.

━━━━━━━☆☆━━━━━━
From: Season 2 Episode 5: Chupacabra (Pt. 1)

Words: 1028