✥Fifteen✥

Genesis' View

Daryl led the way through the woods with Glenn tailing behind him.

"She was doing just fine till right here." Daryl knelt. "All she had to do was keep going. She veered off that way."

"Why would she do that?" Glenn asked looking down the way she went.

"Maybe she saw something that spooked her, made her runoff," Shane suggested.

"A walker?"

"I don't see any other footprints. Just hers." Daryl shut the suggestion down.

"So now what? Do we all press on?" I asked.

"No, better if you, Shane, and Glenn get back up to the highway. People are gonna start panicking." Rick ordered. "Let them know we're on her trail doing everything we can. But most of all, keep everybody calm."

"I'll keep 'em busy scavenging cars. Think up a few other chores. I'll keep 'em occupied." Shane said. "Come on." He ushered Glenn and me.

━━━━━━━☆☆━━━━━━

We arrived back to the highway and started moving cars out of the way.

"...I'm still freaked out by that herd that passed by." I overheard Andrea say.

"Yeah, what the hell was that? All of them marching around like that?" I closer walked to the RV.

"A herd. That sounds about right. We've seen it. It's like the night camp got attacked. Some wandering pack, only fewer." Shane explained. "Okay. Come on, people. We still got a lot of work to do. Gen, I want you on top of the RV. Alright?" Shane said, and I nodded. I climbed on top and watched around us. Carol was glued to the one spot near the guard rail.

━━━━━━━☆☆━━━━━━

Third Person View

"Shane!" Carl ran with the newly found arsenal.

"Carl? What happened?" Lori ran up to her son.

"I found something cool. Shane, check it out. It's an arsenal." Carl smiled.

"That's cool, bud. Go give 'em to Dale." Shane said, without looking towards the young boy.

"Check this one out." Carl picked up a weapon. "Whoa, it's a hatchet."

"Be careful. Don't play with those." Lori stalked over to Carl.

"They're really sharp." Carl held the hatchet up.

"What did I just say?"

"Can I keep one?" Carl asked.

"Are you crazy?" Lori grabbed the weapon from Carl's hands.

"No way. Shane. Shane, tell her to let me keep one." Carl begged.

"Hey, man, go give them all to Dale now. Go." Shane ordered, looking up from the engine of the car.

Carl sent a small glare towards Shane, before walking towards the RV with the arsenal.

"What was that?"