First Bracket

Kai POV

Shinso says something and Deku starts walking towards the arena boundary. He gets within a footstep when I scream.

Kai: "Come on Deku, don't let him win!!!!"

Right when he's about to step out of bounds his fingers glow. A huge blast of air is then released covering the area.

Present Mic: "What's this!? Midoriya stopped just in time!!!"

Deku turns around and begins running towards Shinso. When they collide Deku starts pushing Shinso to the edge of the arena. Shinso punches Deku to try and stop him but it doesn't work. Shinso then punches Deku's broken fingers which stops him.

Shinso turns around and this time tries to push Deku out of the ring. Deku however grabs Shinso's arm and flips him over his shoulder.

Midnight: "Shinso's outta bounds, Midoriya advances to the next match."

I breathe a sigh of relief and smile at his victory. The next contestants to enter the arena is Todoroki and Sero. Sero sends out some kind of tape which wraps around Todoroki's waist. Todoroki slams his foot down which makes a monumental wall of ice erupt that covers a portion of the stadium and traps Sero.

Midnight: "Sero has been immobilized, Todoroki advances to the second round."

Once the ice has been cleared me and my opponent walk into the arena.

Present Mic: "Even beautiful flowers have thorns, it's the assassin from 1b, Ibara Shiozaki from the hero course. Versus the unofficial hero, Kai Midoriya. Keep those eyes peeled, I wanna see a flashy battle this tim-"

Shiozaki: "Excuse me. Pardon the interruption. I'm not sure why you called me an assassin. I've come to the festival in search of victory, not to take my opponent's life, that wouldn't be in line with the values of a hero at all sir."

Present Mic: "Right, sorry."

Shiozaki: "I thank you for your understanding."

Present Mic: "So anyway, begin!!"

Shiozaki sends the ends of her hair into the arena. They spring out in front of me but I jump back dodging them. I look at Shiozaki but more of her hair comes for me. I run right making the hair miss me. 

Gotta find a way around her hair. It can detach and regrow immediately, great. Think Kai, what's the best way for getting in close without relying on my quirk? I snap out of my thoughts and narrowly lean back as more of that girl's hair comes down on me.

Present Mic: "Looks like Shiozaki isn't giving Kai much room to breathe. If he wants to win he's gonna need to get in close, but Shiozaki isn't giving him the chance."

I flip then twist past her hair when I decide to just screw it. I wait till she sends out her hair and boost my reflexes. The hair comes in and I vault over it then make my way to Shiozaki. She frantically sends out more of her hair but I easily duck and weave past it.

I finally make it to her and reel back my fist as I boost it. I then slam my palm into her stomach which scoots her back. Her momentum continues until she's pushes all the way outta the ring.

Present Mic: "And Ibara is knocked out of bounds, Kai Midoriya moves on to the next round."

I sigh and release my boost. I rub my shoulder when Shiozaki walks to me.

Shiozaki: "Are you okay?"

Kai: "Just a sore shoulder, I'll survive."

Shiozaki: "That was a stellar match, you truly are a great fighter."

Kai: "Thanks."

Shiozaki: "I also thank you for holding back on that hit. Most people are that considerate."

Kai: "It's a tournament after all, we're here to have fun not kill each other."

Shiozaki smiles and holds out her hand; I shake it as Present Mic speaks.

Present Mic: "Such sportsmanship, that's what I'm talking about."

I smile when I feel some my chest cramp. I excuse myself and head for the nurse.

Nurse: "You're all good, just a harmless cramp."

Kai: "That's good."

Nurse: "But you should still be careful, your heart isn't still fully healed. I fear if you push it you'll land right back in that hospital in far worse condition."

Kai: "Right, I'll lay off on using my quirk in future matches."

I head out and back to the others to watch the next match.