Obstacle Results

Kai POV

I haul ass back to the stadium. I look behind me and see Todoroki and Bakugo quickly gaining on me. I boost my feet more and see the end gate coming into view. I push myself through the tight squeeze when I hear Present Mic's voice.

Present Mic: "The first to make it back into the stadium is the first place winner! Incredible!! It's tie between the Midoriya brothers!!!!"

The crowd cheers and claps while I just fall onto my back tired.

Midoriya: "We did it, we won!"

Kai: *lifts fist* "Hurray."

Present Mic: "The contestants are pouring in one after the other. Let's hear some applause for all our competitors as we prepare the results."

I finally catch my breath and stand.

Midnight: "The first game for the first years is finally over, what a game it was. Now let's take a quick look at standing shall we?"

We look and see that me and Deku are both in first place.

Midnight: "All the top forty two will advance to the next round. But don't be too let down if you didn't make the cut. We prepared other opportunities for you to shine. Now the real fun is about to begin. The chance to fully move yourselves into the limelight, give it your best."

We look at the screen to see the roster spin. It eventually stops revealing the next game. 

Denki: "Calvary battle? I'm terrible at those."

Tsuyu: "I wonder how they'll split us up."

Midnight: "Allow me to explain. The participants will form teams of two to four people as they see fit. In theory it's basically the same as a playground game, but there is one difference. Each player has been assigned a point value based on their results of the obstacle course. The points assigned go up by increments of five starting from the bottom. For example forty second place is worth five points. Forty first is worth ten. And the point value assigned to the first place contestant is ten million."

Mina: "Wait, weren't Kai and Deku both in first place?"

Midnight: "Due to circumstance Kai has been asked to sit this game out."

Bakugo: "What on earth could prevent him from competing?"

Midnight: "That's none of your business, the principal wishes it so it must be done."

Deku: "Hold on, that means I'll be all alone out there."

Kai: "Sorry Deku, but I have no doubt you'll survive."

Midnight: "First years, these are the rules you'll abide by. The game itself will last fifteen minutes. Individual point values will be added together to reach your team total. Everyone will know how much you'll be worth thanks to your headbands. Swipe as many headbands as you can to raise your team's score. Stolen headbands must be worn from the neck up. So the more you steal the harder they'll be to manage. And another thing, even if your headband gets stolen or your team falls down, you can keep playing until time's up. This is going to be rough, you may use your quirks as much as you like. But, there are still rules. Make a team fall on purpose and I'll slap you with a red card, you'll be disqualified. Now you've got fifteen minutes to build your teams."

I head into the stadium where I'm waved over by All Might.

All Might: "Nice job winning the race."

Nezu: "I hope you're holding up well."

Kai: *sits* "I'll survive."

Nezu: "You think young Midoriya will do well?"

Kai: "No doubt, he'll find a way to get a team together and win this game."

Present Mic: "After fifteen minutes to pick teammates and talk strategy, twelve calvary teams are prepared to go head to head."

The crowd cheers as the teams head onto the arena. 

Present Mic: "Okay all you first years, let's hope you're happy with your chosen teams. Let's get this party started. One final countdown before the game starts. Three. Two. One!"

Midnight: "Begin!!!!"

All most immediately every team head for Deku and his team. The ground under them liquifies and they begin sinking. Deku presses a button which activates a jet pack freeing them. Jiro sends out her earphone jacks but Tokoyami uses his shadow to deflect them.