A Visit

Deku POV

It's been a few days since Kai killed All For One. As a sign of appreciation he was automatically given his hero license. After the fight we was taken back to the hospital where it was discovered his back was badly broken. 

Guess the adrenaline he felt must've kept him form feeling the pain. From what the doctor said three of his vertebrae got shattered when All For One punched him. It's uncertain if he'll walk again. 

His injuries quickly spread which made people send our mom and I prayers hoping Kai makes it. It's not just his injuries that spread, everything he done to the league and their leader spread to every corner of the city. Now criminals are too scared to even commit crime. He's done a lot for the city, and everyone's so thankful.

Deku: "How're you holding up mom?"

Mom: "I'll be fine, no need to worry."

Ever since the fight mom's been mostly quite about it. I can only imagine what's going through her mind. Having to see your son fight and nearly die to save everyone all while you can do is just watch. I need to see if I can get her to open up. As I get ready to say something our doorbell rings. We answer it to see All Might.

All Might: "Ms. Midoriya, is it alright if I come in?"

Mom: "Please."

We all sit down at the table with nothing but silence filling the air.

All Might: "I'm sure you know why I'm here."

Mom: "Yes, and my answer is no."

Deku: "Mom-"

All Might: "Ms. Midoriya-"

Mom: "Stop, both of you."

We're both silenced.

Mom: "I don't want either of my sons to return to UA."

Deku: "But-"

Mom: "No buts!!! Because of UA your brother is in the hospital where it's unclear if he'll ever walk again! You're a teacher All Might! You should've done more to protect my baby! Every time I hear about either of them it's that they've been injured! It's your responsibility to watch over the students and protect them from harm! Yet now my oldest son is potentially facing a wheelchair for the rest of his life! You should've been better!!!!"

We all stare at her, she's never been this angry. I look down. We should've just talked to her. All Might gets up and gets on his knees before bowing.

All Might: "You're right, I've should've been better. Because of my failure as a teacher your son is injured. I can't take back what's done. I can't erase the image of your son getting the life beaten out of him. I know whatever I say won't undo everything. And I know you'll likely never forgive me, but all I want to say is I'm sorry. I'm sorry for making you go through everything you went through. I know I don't deserve it but I ask for your forgiveness."

I stare at mom who kneels in front of All Might.

Deku: "Mom, it's all my fault. I'm the reason Kai's in the hospital. Every time Kai's gotten hurt it was because I needed rescuing. All Might is not the one to blame for Kai's current status. It's because I acted stupid and tried to save Kacchan and got caught."

I get on my knees and bow.

Deku: "If you're gonna be mad at anyone be mad at me. I'm the reason Kai's always getting hurt. He's sacrificed his body all those times just to keep me safe. So please, forgive All Might and blame me instead."

Sweat begins to pour as I await to hear what mom has to say.

Mom: "All Might."

All Might: "Yes mam!"

Mom: "Do you promise to be better? To watch over my sons and keep them safe?"

All Might: "I'll protect them, even if it costs me my life."

There's several seconds of silence which is just torture.

Mom: "Then I'll allow my sons to continue to go to UA. But if I so much as hear a single injury you'll have to answer to me."

Mom deploys a menacing aura which causes both of our souls to leave our body.

All Might: "I swear. I swear to look after them."

He leaves when I smile, I get to go back to UA. My happy moment is cut off by mom who holding a belt and deploying that menacing aura.

Mom: "I chose to let All Might off easy. But you mister, are in big trouble."

I gulp as hell slowly approaches me.