Training

Kai POV

I flick a pebble into the ocean when I see Deku struggling with a large refrigerator. I hop off the trash mountain and head to Deku.

Kai: "Need help?"

Deku: "Yes please."

Kai: "It helps to lift with the legs and not the back."

He nods and uses his legs. I activate my quirk and lift my end of the fridge up. 

Deku: "Hey Kai?"

Kai: "Yeah?"

Deku: "How come you're not applying to a hero school?"

Kai: "Just don't want to, don't see a point to it."

Deku: "But don't you wanna become a hero?"

Kai: "Heroes are too dictated by laws and rules. People constantly telling them what they can't and can't do, it's just not right. I believe they should be able to use their quirks to their fullest. Because they never know when they'll have to."

Deku: "But without rules there'd be a lot more chaos there already is."

Kai: "I know, I'm just talking about hero rules. There's gonna be times where heroes will have to ignore the rules in order to save the day. It's not right but sometimes you've gotta be bad to be good."

Deku sighs before setting down the fridge. I then leave him to the rest. I walk to the mountain when All Might jumps out of a fridge in a heroic pose.

Kai: "You've gotta quit doing that."

All Might: "I couldn't help but over your conversation with young Midoriya. You really have no interest of being an official hero?"

Kai: "Yep."

All Might: "You're share a close bond with Midoriya right?"

Kai: "Well yeah, he's my little brother."

All Might: "Then he must look up to you."

Kai: "I'd be lying if I said no."

All Might: "It'd be a shame if Midoriya were to become a hero and not have the guidance of his older brother while in the field."

Kai: "Just get to the point Lanky."

All Might: "I want you to become a UA student."

Kai: "I already told you, I-"

All Might: "All I ask is that you tag along and make sure Midoriya adjusts well. He's slightly off socially and I think if someone he knows goes to UA with him then he won't be so isolated."

I look from All Might to Deku who shouting for a stove to move.

Kai: "Fine, I'll go to UA. But only because I want Deku to succeed."

All Might: "Whatever you say, hero."

Kai: "Don't make me expose your secret."

All Might: *slight sweat* "Please don't."

I smile knowing I have dirt on him. What only felt like a few days turned into ten months. Deku successfully cleaned the entire beach and really packed on the muscles. 

All Might: "Congratulations young Midoriya, you've successfully cleaned the beach and are now ready to inherit my quirk."

Deku: "Thank you All Might, I could've never gotten this far without your guidance."

All Might: "It was all your hard work that got you up to this point. Now for your reward. Izuku Midoriya."

He plucks a stand of his hair.

All Might: "Someone once told me that there's a difference between being lucky and deserving. One's an accident and the other's a reward. Never get the two confused. Take that to heart young man. This gift, you've earned it with your own effort."

I smile for him when All Might ruins the moment.

All Might: "Now eat my hair."

Deku: "What?"

All Might: "In order to inherit my power you've gotta swallow some of my DNA."

Kai: *on phone* "I'd like to report a criminal."

All Might: "Not like that!!!!"

Later that day we enter UA to find a lot of students entering.

Deku: "Look at all the students."

Kai: "Let's just get where we need to."

Deku: "We?"

Kai: "Me and you."

Deku: "You mean you're coming to UA with me?"

Kai: "Sometimes I think you're a little dense."

Waterfall tears fall from his cheeks as he quickly becomes a blubbering mess. I shake my head before walking into the school. I look around for where to go when I hear Deku scream. I look and see him magically floating back onto his feet. 

I then notice a girl on his left. I see him going love struck and shake my head. I pull him back to reality and drag him to where the other students are heading. We soon arrive at a auditorium that's jam packed.