Ultimate Moves

Kai POV

Aizawa: "I believe I mentioned this already, but your main focus this summer is obtaining provisional hero licenses."

Students: "Yes sir."

Aizawa: "Don't take this lightly. A hero license means that you're responsible for human lives. You can imagine that the exam to receive one is very difficult. Only fifty percent of students pass the tests required for these permits each year. In order to prepare, today you'll concentrate on creating something new. Two ultimate moves."

The door opens revealing three of the other teachers.

Ectoplasm: "When we say ultimate, we mean a move that will ensure you win against you opponent."

Cementoss: "An action so unique to your identity that no other person can hope to copy it. Simply put, you must learn to lean into your strengths."

Midnight: "Your moves represent who you are. These days, most pro heroes have an ultimate move. Those who don't are fools."

Aizawa: "This may sound abstract, but we'll explain more as the day goes on. For now, change into your costumes and meet in gym Gamma."

They do and we all walk to the mentioned location.

Aizawa: "Gym Gamma, also known at the academy as the Training Dining Land, or TDL."

Cementoss: "This facility was my idea. We can prepare unique terrains and obstacles for each student here. Here you'll learn to serve up justice, hence the name."

Iida: "I have a question. What is the advantage of having ultimate moves for our provisional exam? May we know your reasoning?"

Aizawa: "That's two questions. The job of a hero is to save people from all sorts of dangers. Crime, accidents, and natural or man-made disasters. Of course, the licensing exam analyzes how well you're able to deal with such things. It won't be just fighting. Your ability to gather information and make quick decisions will be judged. In addition to how well you communicate, cooperate, and lead others. Every year a new test is used to evaluate these qualities."

Midnight: "One thing is especially important. If you want to be a pro hero, you must be able to prevail in battle. If you're prepared, you won't have to worry. And those of you with an ultimate move will have stronger results."

Cementoss: "Your circumstances should not dictate the results of your future battles. Learn to be consistent and you'll be a great asset on the front lines."

Ectoplasm: "Your ultimate move doesn't necessarily have to be an attack. Take Iida's Reciproburst for example. This sort of temporary boost in speed is valuable enough that it falls into the category of excellence we're looking for."

Aizawa: "Now that everyone's caught up. You'll be working hard to develop powerful moves of your own for the next ten days or so. This is how you'll spend the remainder of your summer vacation. Prepare for intensive training. In addition, you should think about how you can improve you costumes especially now that you have a better understanding of your quirks. I expect each of you to go plus ultra. Do you have it in you?"

Students: "Yes sir!"

Everyone heads off to train while I just watch. Due to my fight it was decided that I lay off on using my quirk for a good while. How long that is remains unclear. But if the doctor says it, then I must do it.

All Might: "Everyone's working hard huh?"

Kai: "Yep, they're going all out."

He buffs out and gives a thumbs up but immediately returns to normal.

Kai: "You shouldn't push yourself, you need to rest so you can heal."

All Might: "If anyone needs to rest it's you. You suffered more than I did."

Kai: "I slept more I liked. Besides, I'm moving just fine."

All Might: "That fighting spirit is admirable."

Aizawa: "Both of you need serious help."

The next few days fly by and now, it's time for the provisional exam. We exit the bus and see a rather impressive sized building.

Jiro: "I'm getting kinda nervous."

Kai: "Relax, you guys got this."

Denki: "That's easy for you to say, mister professional hero."

Momo: "Oh yeah, you already have your hero license."

Mineta: "Lucky."

I look to the side and see some people whispering to each other while pointing at me. A group of girls walk forward.

Girl: "Excuse me, but you're Kai Midoriya right?"

Kai: "That's right."

Girl: *holds out pen and paper* "Can we have an autograph?"

Kai: "Sure."

Mineta: *tears of blood* "Why's it always you!?!?!"