License Exam

Kai POV

Not even ten seconds of signing a whole wave of students flock to me.

Various: "Can I take a photo? Can you sign my costume?"

Ojiro: "Looks like Kai's already famous."

Mina: "That's what happens when you take down a major villain I guess."

Aizawa: "Alright beat it. Move along."

The crowd groans and walks away. I head into the bleachers where I take a seat next to Aizawa. A screen then turns on showing the students looking at a man at a podium.

Man: "*sleepy* "Ok then. Let's do this exam thing. I'm from.. uh... the hero's safety commission. Name's Marrow. So about the contents of this license thing. Basically one thousand five hundred and forty examinees compete in a free for all exercise or whatever we're calling it this year. We've got a lot of pros around, and since Stain was arrested many people have expressed doubts about status of hero society. But, when you really think about it getting paid makes since. If you're gonna risk your life to save someone why shouldn't you ask for a reward? That's just the way the world works. Anyway, whether they're in it for compensation or a sense of duty, we've got too many heroes working together in the streets these days to keep villains at bay. Honestly, the time when an incident begins and when it's resolved is ridiculously short. You're all here to try and receive your provisional licenses so you'll be swept up in this tiresome mess yourselves soon. Those of you who don't have the speed just won't cut it. Which is what you'll be tested on."

The screen behind him turns on revealing the number one hundred.

Marrow: "The first hundred students to fulfill the requirements will pass today. Well the world can be pretty crappy, I suppose I should say something about luck. So, anyway here are the basic rules. The examinee will put three of these targets on his or her body. They can go anywhere as long as it's an exposed area, so no soles of the feet or armpits. Each of you will also have six of these balls. The targets are programmed to light up whenever they've been touched by the ball. If all three targets light up you're out. Oh and the person who lights up your third target will get credit for your defeat. You get through this round by taking down two people. Got it? Good."

He sets the object down as men walk around carrying boxes.

Marrow: "What else? I guess we'll start passing out the targets and balls. Then you'll have a few minutes to get situated after we open."

One of the buildings opens up revealing the stadium to the students.

Marrow: *through speakers* "I'm sure each of you have terrains that you like or want to avoid. Use your quirks well and do your best. Or not whatever. Yes I know, it makes a great reveal doesn't it? And for what?"

Marrow walks into the announcer booth while all the students head to various locations of the field.

Speaker: "The first test will now begin."

A buzzer sounds and immediately all the other schools go for UA. Everyone launches balls when something crashes in the center of the arena. I focus my eyes and become scared.

Shigaraki: "Kai Midoriya!!!! Come out and fight me!!!!"

I clench my fist as I spot Shigaraki, he wants to fight but I can't.

Shigaraki: "You're hiding, fine. Maybe you need a little incentive."

He fires something from his right gauntlet and opens a portal. My fear increases as an army on Nomus begin exiting the portal.

Shigaraki: "My Nomu may be weak, but they'll easily kill everyone unless you show yourself."

I look down, what do I do?

Shigaraki: "Attack."

The Nomus rush at everyone when I stand up.

Kai: "Stop!"

Shigaraki: "There you are. Come down here and let's settle this, once and for all."

I grip my cane and walk down into the arena. Once I enter Shigaraki smiles. He then snaps his fingers causing every Nomu to grab and hold a student.

Heroes: *runs to him* "You bastard!!!!"

Shigaraki: "Unless you want my Nomu to snap the children's necks you'll stay out of this."

The Nomus then grab the children's heads causing every hero to stop.