Opening

3rd POV

It's just a regular day here in Musutafu Japan. Everyone is doing their daily commute to work or heading out to hit the town. The tranquility is cut short by the sounds of screaming. Looking around we see a massive man disrupting the peace.

The man swings his mighty fist snapping an electrical tower in half causing it to fall. The rubble falls towards some civilians but thankfully is caught by a hulking hero. While a crowd admires his strength a fire fighter themed hero sets up a barrier.

FFH: "Please step back, this area is dangerous."

Man: "It's backdraft."

While the villain rampages a third hero makes his a appearance. 

Woodman: "Halt, in the name of justice."

Villain: "Get away or I'll snap you toothpick."

The villain tries to swat at the wooded hero but he just jumps to safety. The hero slings out a branch which wraps around the villain's wrist. The villain swings his hand sending the hero to the side. The tree man prepares his special move when the villain brings his fist down on him.

Crowd: "Woods!!!"

Villain: "I've got you!"

???: "Not quite big man."

Villain: "What!?!"

Panning to the slight right we see a young man holding Woods who has a shocked look upon his face. 

Woods: "Who are you?"

The boy smiles while pulling off the hood to his torn jacket.

Kai: "You can call me Kai Midoriya."

Villain: "Miserable ant!!!"

He goes to crush Kai with his foot but he's already gone. The villain looks around to find Kai sitting on the edge of a building resting his chin on his knee displaying a bored expression.

Villain: "Quit teleporting and face me coward!!!"

Kai: "I'm not teleporting, just running."

Kai gets up while popping his back, this makes the villain shout in annoyance while trying to grab Kai. Kai jumps onto the villain's arm running up it. The villain uses his spare hand to squish him but misses terribly. 

Kai jumps reeling back his fist. With one good punch to the face the villain topples over landing with a heavy thud. Kai smiles while the crowd cheers his name. While they cheer Woods walks up to him.

Woods: "I thank you for your help."

Kai: "Think nothing of it."

Kai looks behind Woods to see a news van pulling up. He groans before running away. Despite his heroics Kai is not a fan of the press. He thinks they're nothing but blood sucking parasites that do anything just for a scoop. Kai makes his way to downtown where he plops down on the couch.

Mom: "Kai, is that you?"

Kai: "Yeah mom."

Kai flicks on the tv where he's immediately shown the footage of him fighting. It then cuts to the reporter.

Reporter: "I'm standing here at the epicenter of a villain attack. A large out of control villain was seen terrorizing citizens when one hero stepped in. Right when all seemed over for the hero a secondary hero came to the rescue. This man is none other than free-lance hero Kai Midoriya. He's been the subject to rising popularity as the only hero to not be assigned to a hero agency. More on this story tonight."

Kai turns off the tv while sighing. Sometimes it's hard doing heroics, the media will be all over your tail for answers, really takes away your private life. Kai shakes his head as his mother comes in holding a tray with glasses and a pitcher of tea.

Mom: "You did good out there sweetie."

Kai: "Just doing what you told me, help those in need."

Mom: "You'll make a fine hero."

She takes a sip while Kai just stares into his tea.

Kai: "Yeah."

Kai takes a sip when there's an explosion in the distance. 

Mom: "Go on."

He smiles while running towards the source of the explosion. When he gets there he sees fire everywhere as a slime monster wreaks havoc. Kai studies the slime monster and finds some kid trapped inside it.

Looking further he sees his brother frantically trying to save the trapped kid. The slime monster roars while bringing its tendril down on his brother.

Kai: "Deku!!!!!"