Final Exam

Kai POV

Deku's group leave the field and my group enter.

Bakugo: "You won't beat a second time Kai."

Kai: "We'll see."

All Might: "Ready? Go!!!!!"

Everyone takes off while I recall my true potential. I crouch down and jump soaring over the rest of the contestants. As I fly over Bakugo I smile and give him a small gift.

Bakugo: "Bastard!!! No one flips me off!!!!!"

He fires a blast and catches up with me. We come within inches from the finish line when unexpectedly Mineta wins. Bakugo and I both scream.

Bakugo/Kai: "How the hell Grabbin Grape win!?!?!"

Mineta: "Never underestimate my balls."

Bakugo/Kai: "I'm gonna kill him."

The next day the bell rings meaning class is over.

Aizawa: "Alright that's it for class. There's only one week left before your final exams begin. I'm sure you're all studying constantly right? Don't forget to keep training, the written exam is only one element. There's also the practical portion to worry about. Good luck."

Denki/Mina: "Damn it, I didn't have time to study."

Deku: "We've still got time to do that."

Iida: "As class rep I have high hopes that we'll make UA proud."

Todoroki: "It's pretty hard to fail if you don't pay attention in class isn't it?"

Denki: "Why you gotta cut me down like that?"

Momo: "I can catch you up on the important topics if you want."

Denki/Mina: "You're the best Momo."

Jiro: "I also need help."

Sero: "Same here."

Ojiro: "Is there room for one more?"

Momo: "Wonderful, yes let's do it."

Deku: "What about you Kai, are you gonna join them?"

Kai: "I study better alone."

Mineta: "Typical loner."

Kai: "Shut up Juice Junior."

*small timeskip*

Aizawa: "Alright put your pencils down. The last person in each row bring the answer sheets to me."

Once all the tests were handed in I make my way with the other students to some kind of compound. 

Aizawa: "Now then, let's begin the last test. Remember, it's possible to fail this final. If you wanna go to camp then don't make any stupid mistakes."

Jiro: "Why're all the teachers here?"

Aizawa: "I expect many of you have gathered information and believe you have some idea what you'll be faced with today."

Denki: "We're fighting those big old metal robots!"

Nezu: "Actually this years test will be completely different for various reasons."

Mom: "You're changing things?"

Nezu: "The tests now have a new focus. There'll be hero work of course. But also teamwork and combat between actual  people. So what does that mean for you? You students will be working together in pairs and your opponent will be one of our esteemed UA teachers ain't that fabulous?"

Uraraka: "We're fighting the teachers?"

Aizawa: "Additionally your partners and opponent have already been chosen. They were determined by discretion based on various factors including fighting style, grades and personal relationships. First, Yaoyorozu and Todoroki are a team against me. Then we have Midoriya paired with Bakugo and their opponent is..."

All Might: "I am here... to fight. You're gonna have to work together boys if you want to win."

Nezu: "And now let's announce the teams and the teachers they'll be fighting in order."

The teams and order are Sato and Kirishima, Tsuyu and Tokoyami, Iida and Ojiro, Momo and Todoroki, Yuga and Uraraka, Mina and Denki, Kota and Jiro, Toru and Shoji, Sero and Mineta and then Deku and Bakugo.

Kai: "Hold on, I don't have a partner."

Nezu: "That is because you'll be fighting alone, and you opponent... will be me."

I silently gulp when Nezu speaks again.

Nezu: "To complete the exam you'll have thirty minutes. In order to win your objective is to put a pair of handcuffs on your teacher or you can win if one of you manages to escape from the combat stage."

Mina: "Is it really okay to jet?"

Nezu: "Yep."

Present Mic: "It's gonna be much different than that combat training you all went through earlier. After all, you're up against people way better than you."

Thirteen: "This time your exam will be close to a real battle. As strange as it is, please think of us as villains."

Snipe: "As soon as you come across your enemy, if you think you can win against them then fight. However..."

Aizawa: "In instances where you're outmatched, it would be smarter to run away and find help."