After USJ

3rd POV

A few days after the attack at the USJ Kai is seen resting. At the foot of his bed is Deku sleeping in a chair. He's been by Kai's side ever since he was hospitalized. Kai groans before opening his eyes. As he does this Deku smiles and runs to his side.

Deku: "You're okay."

Kai: "Course I am, gonna take more than that to kill me."

Deku smiles before looking down.

Deku: "The doctor told me everything. How come you never told me your quirk hurts you?"

Kai: "Because I feared you would've viewed me differently. You look at me like I'm some sort of unbreakable hero with all the strength in the world. When in reality I'm nothing more than a kid with a quirk that'll kill him if he's not careful."

Deku: "You're wrong, you're nothing like that. You're an incredible person who uses his quirk to save everyone no matter what it means for him. You risk your life in the pursuit of protecting people, that makes you a hero."

I look at him and slightly smile.

Kai: "Thanks Deku."

Two days later Kai is released from the hospital. He then heads back to school where he's hounded by students. 

Kai POV

Kirishima: "Looks who's back from the dead."

Kai: "I wasn't dead, just passed out."

Jiro: "Speaking of, where'd all that power come from?"

Denki: "Yeah, we knew were strong but holy crap. We never knew you were that strong."

Mineta: "You easily took down those villains like it was nothing."

Kai: "It's just a part I like to keep hidden."

Toru: "Well either way, we're glad you're back. We were so worried."

Kirishima: "Yeah, when we saw you get escorted out by All Might we thought we were gonna lose you."

Iida: "We're just glad to see you're okay."

Aizawa: "Alright take your seats."

Kai: "Welcome back Imhotep."

Aizawa: "Shut up and let's get down to business, the UA sports festival."

Jiro: "Are you sure it's wise to hold a festival so soon after the villains snuck inside?"

Aizawa: "Apparently the administration thinks this is a good way to show that the threat has been handled and our school is safer than ever. Plus they're beefing up security compared to last years. This event is a huge opportunity for all students at UA. It's not something we cancel because of a few villains."

Mineta: "Why not? It's just a sports festival."

Aizawa: "Our sports festival is one of the most watched events in the entire world. In the past, everyone obsessed over the Olympic games but then quirks started appearing. Now the Olympics have been drastically reduced in terms of scale and viewership. For anyone who cares about competition, there's only one tournament that matters, the UA sports festival."

Mom: "Top heroes everywhere will be watching. This is where you get scouted."

Denki: "She's right. After graduation people often join agencies as a sidekick."

Jiro: "But that's as far as some people go. They miss their chance and stay eternal sidekicks."

Aizawa: "It's true joining a famous hero agency can garner you more experience and popularity. That's why the festival matters. If you wanna go pro one day then this event can open a path for you. One chance a year, three chances in a lifetime no aspiring hero can afford to miss this festival. That means you better not slack off on your training. Class is dismissed."

Around lunchtime the teacher exits the classroom leaving us alone. 

Deku: "Everyone's so pumped up."

Kai: "No doubt, this is a big chance to get noticed by the pros."

Deku: "I wish I was as calm as you."

Uraraka: "Let's do our best in the sports festival!!!"

We look and see she has a serious game face on.

Uraraka: "Everyone, I'm gonna do my best!!!!"

They cheer while I smile at her enthusiasm.

Iida: "You seem rather confident Kai. No doubt you'll be on everyone's radar."

Mina: "For sure, especially if he uses that power from the USJ."

I roll my eyes and feel my heart. The beat's slightly off, I'm still not fully healed, gotta be careful in the festival. I exit my thoughts and find that All Might is here.

Deku: "All Might, what're you doing here?"

All Might: "Lunch, care to eat with me?"

Deku: "Sure."

Deku joins his side when All Might looks at me.