24

"Park Jimin!"

Hearing his name from Jungkook for the very first time, Jimin felt warmth in his heart. His name sounded so soulful, so peaceful from his mouth. His name echoed in his head........

For a moment he went numb...

"W-who is Park Jimin?" Jimin asked.

The ladybird flew away from his palm to the sky. And the breeze started to blow gradually around them.....

"My short time friend! The friend I admire." Jungkook looked at the sky like he is deeply thinking about the boy......

"Though we became friends, I have never seen his face, never heard his voice. Isn't it strange?"

"What is the s-story?" Jimin asked... He felt like he should ask, he must know...

At first, Jungkook didn't say anything. He intertwined his fingers with Jimin and walked for a while...

"It was around winter....." Jungkook spoke... "When my friend died, everyone blamed me for his death. Even I started to believe that.... I blamed myself for his death too. I became depressed in the guilt. I locked myself in the room... I stopped communicating with others, I forget to smile, I hated myself..."

Jimin looked at him with soft eyes...

"I used to visit my friend's grave every day to apologise to him for my mistake. But what was strange was there's always a flower on my friend's grave before I put a flower there. So one day I went earlier than usual to see who is that person. I hid behind the tree far from my friend's grave."

Jimin suddenly felt strange...... He felt like he know the story Jungkook was telling like he knows what happened next.......

The breeze was shaking tree branches and he listened to Jungkook carefully......

"After a long wait I saw a boy coming, with flowers in his hand, he put a flower on my friend's grave..... Then he went to another grave and put flowers on it... He stayed there, mumbled something while looking at the sky. When he left the graveyard... I ran to his place...... Then I realised why that boy put a flower on my friend's grave because he also lost someone named Hwan."

Jimin holds his hand more tightly... He felt like everything went still...the breeze that was shattering the leaves, his movement, his heartbeat, cause he knows...... he knows the boy Jungkook was talking about...

The boy was him...

"What happened after next?" Jimin asked, even though he knows....... He wanted to know Jungkook's thoughts...

"Then it's become like my habit to go there early and observe him from far. I felt myself a creep, a stalker but I was afraid to approach him....... so one day I left a note for him, asking his name. I left paper and pen there so he could write...... My heart was beating so fast when he looked around then wrote his name...."

"Park Jimin was his name," Jungkook said... Simply he imagined the boy and his heart skipped a beat. He smiled...

"Then we started to exchange words through a piece of paper. I started to smile again, laugh again just because of him.....But one day!....... he didn't appear. I waited for him to appear till late at night. I left a note for him and went back home. The next day as soon as I opened my eyes I visited the graveyard.....The note I left was still there. I wish many ladybirds to deliver my messages to him, but I guess it didn't reach him. He never came back." Jungkook heavily sighed...

"He suddenly disappeared. I hope he is fine. Sometimes I wonder what he is doing right now, I wonder why he stopped coming...."

Because he had to leave the Busan for the new start of his life. Jimin thought. He remembered how he wanted to meet Jungkook for the last time before he left for Daegu but he couldn't.....