Chapter 8

He had just killed his father.

It had all happened so fast. Watching the life leave his eyes. He heard the distant cries of the Scavenger, the Traitor and Chewie as he watched his father's body fall down the shaft. His head was spinning trying to make sense of what he just did. Then he felt something hit his side.

He didn't even hear Chewie's Bow Caster being shot, all he felt was the opening of flesh and the wet blood seeping into his clothes. His vision blurred seeing them all run out of the hanger, leaving him there alone.

Kylo remembered feeling the rage within him. He wanted to see the life from her eyes leave and he wanted her to feel every bit of pain he was experiencing. He followed them out there in the frigid cold.

He tried reasoning with the girl. Trying to get her to join him in His conquest, but she refused. He fought both of them. The traitor was surprising, he wields a Lightsaber quite well, more reason to kill him.

He remembered how the Scavenger screamed when he ran his Lightsaber down the traitor's back. He could feel his Life force teetering on an edge, then she had to ruin it. Be the Resistance hero. She beat him, he can't deny that, but there was something else to it. He knew they would one day have the chance to end each other, and he knew that he would come out on top, no matter what.

She had the chance to finish him; to end it all when he was laying in the snow, but she did not grant him the sweet release of death. She left him there with his face splitting in two and his body going into a mix of shock and hypothermia.

He understands now why Hux came back for him, but they were early in their relationship back then. He could have left him there to suffer a painful and slow death, but he didn't. He carried Kylo back to the ship and left Starkiller behind. Thinking back on it now, that was truly the start of their relationship. Hux saved him and in turn they are where they are because of it. He is forever grateful.

He looks down at Amidala who is almost dozing off by the time he finishes the story.

"One day she will come back, and we need to be prepared. You are stronger than you think Amidala, I know you are strong. It will take time and patience, but you will be one of the greatest Force users in the Galaxy I can promise you that."

He looks down at Amidala who is now fully asleep, her eyes closed and her breath small and quiet.

He stands up, holding her close to his chest as he leaves the training room.

He would never say it out loud, but Kylo truly feared the day she would have to fight. He reminded himself that they had time. They would destroy the Resistance at any cost. Kylo just hoped that the cost was not his family.

-"You're asking me to be rational. That is something that I know I cannot do. Believe me, I wish I could just wish away my feelings, but I can't." - Anikin Skywalker (Attack of the Clones)