Chapter 14

Kylo had soon left her alone. She was not able to let herself drift off to sleep, too many things going on at once.

She had heard her father's squabble back and forth before; it was only now that it felt real. She could feel it through the Force.

They want to rid of you. It would make their life so much easier.

No, she had to know it wasn't her fault.

Amidala got out of bed, pulled on her cloak, and hurried out her door. Their small apartment was dark. She looked into her parent's room only to see the faint outline of them, the lights completely out. She padded along to the door leading to the rest of the base only to stop when Millicent jumped out right Infront of her. And of course, she started to chirp and purr around her legs. Millicent could be a nuisance only when she wanted to.

Amidala shushed and calmed her down with the Force, in fear of waking either of her parents up. She left, heading off to find answers from the only person she could. Her Grandmother.

The Resistance base was small compared to what was the Finalizer, or really any Star Destroyer.

Finding General Organa wasn't as hard as she thought. Finding her Force signature was quite easy to seek out. In fact, it was surprising she was still awake.

Amidala silently knocked on her door, hoping Leia wouldn't be too mad to see her, or worse, send her back to her parents. When the door opened, she saw quite the opposite, Leia smiling at her, Amidala couldn't help but smile back.

"Hello Amidala,"

Why was she being so nice to her?

"Hi, May I uh, come in?"

Leia nodded back to her, ushering her into her office. Amidala sat down on the small couch that she had while Leia brought some tea over, serving it to her.

"I hope nothing is dangerously wrong. I felt your urgency through the Force, but it seemed more like want than need."

"No nothing is particularly wrong just; wait you have the Force?"

Leia laughed, sitting down next to Amidala.

"My family is strong in the Force, my father had it, my brother had it, and my son has it. The Force moves around every living thing, I am not as strong as some though."

"So, you are not a Jedi?"

"No, my brother wanted to train me, but I just never had a knack for it. I was always more about politics."

Amidala wanted to agree. She always loved when Hux took her on a delegate mission or when they would talk to Outer and Core Planets to negotiate. She always looked up to her father in that regard, but it seemed she was meant to be a Sith or Jedi or whatever Kylo wanted her to be. Not that she hated using the force, it aided as a strong ally even if you wanted it or not.

"I have some questions I hope you could answer, I would really appreciate it."

Leia smiled, leaned back into the couch and waved her hand for Amidala to continue.

They talked about everything and anything. Leia's time in the imperial senate, her time building the rebel Alliance. They civilly debated back and forth, not as enemies but almost like friends. Each side brings up good points. 

Amidala would never say it out loud, but Leia was very much like Hux, having the same love for politics. How they spoke about certain things. She only wished her family could get along more without it having to be constant war.