Chapter 1 (Beginning of part 2)

It had been five Standard Hours since he had left with Amidala.

Amidala was sitting in the CO-Pilot seat, trying to mediate, reaching out to the Force to find Hux. They had been flying over Ajan Kloss, trying to pick up some sort of signal from the Escape Pod. Kylo knew Hux would be fine, he was with Phasma after all. They would soon get off this blasted planet and regroup with the rest of the Order.

Hux opened his eyes only to feel a searing pain in his side and head. There were alarms going off, the AI voice saying something Hux couldn't quite make out. He had to move, he could smell smoke and quite frankly didn't want to die from lack of air.

Hux kicked the door open, climbing out into the fresh air, crawling away from the burning pod and stood up to the best of his ability. He didn't see anything around him other than dense forest that probably spread all across the planet. He was completely alone.

He had to keep moving. For them.

Putting his hand over whatever was bleeding on his right side, he started to walk. He could still hear Phasma's voice in his mind. He didn't even know if Kylo and Amidala were looking for him. Part of him hoped, but ultimately, he just wanted them to be safe.

Kylo sensed him. He was there, but with all the foliage, it was practically impossible to locate his location. Ajan Kloss forests went on for miles, Hux wouldn't last an hour.

"Dad, I see smoke."

Kylo looked out to see smoke poking out above the trees. It had to be him. He had to be ok. He landed the Silencer as neatly as possible. There wasn't much room as it was, but it would do.

Before Kylo could say anything, Amidala bolted out of the Silencer. Kylo hurried after her. They would find him. He was ok, he had to be.

Hux had been walking for Maker knows how long. His body was failing him, he realized, but he had to get back to them. Phasma couldn't have died for nothing.

It was getting darker. Whatever Planet he was on, the day-night Cycle must have been short. Perfect.

Hux heard something, looking around he didn't know what was out there. He grabbed his Lightsaber, igniting it for safe measure.

When Kylo had presented it to him, Hux had silently brushed it off, like he would need a Lightsaber when he was directing his crew on the Bridge, but right now, Hux was glad he had it.

Still clutching his side, Hux stood his ground. Whatever was coming towards him, he couldn't tell. For all he knew it could be the Kriffin Resistance. That would really make his day.

There was a person, no two people. Kylo and Amidala.

Amidala ran up to him, hugging his torso. Hux turned off his Lightsaber, trying not to wince in pain. He thought he'd never see her again. Looking up, he saw Kylo not too far behind. They were together again.

Kylo walked over to Hux, looking him over. There was a significant amount of blood. Amidala didn't seem to care though, only finally stepping back to give him space.

Hux wanted to say something to them. Tell his daughter how much he loves her. Tell Kylo how much he changed his life.

"Hux?"

Kylo walked up to Hux. Something wasn't right. Kylo looked up to notice his head was bleeding.

Dropping his Lightsaber, Hux took a few steps and fell onto Kylo, his body failing him for the last time.