10

tw// mentions of eating disorders 

Elianna Grace

The next morning I woke up to a text from my mom.

From : Mom

Received 8 : 02 AM..

Your dad and me need to work on our marriage. You guys are clearly the reason why we're so fucked up in the first place especially you Elianna. We just keep fighting. We might be back in a few days. 

I dint want to tell my mom about Ethan because it simply wasn't her business and she would juts call Ethan crazy and he dint deserve that.

My mom always blamed me for her marriage problems and I know this because she's made sure to remind me every time her and dad would get into a fight which is pretty much everyday.

She blamed it on me because when I was a month old thats when my dad started cheating and when my mom caught him all he said was " It's because of Elianna." My mom dint bother to ask any further questions and secretly resented me my whole entire life. You could see by the way she'd treat me in comparison to my brother.

I couldn't wait to leave home it was so bad to the point where I' d cry myself to sleep every night and starve myself for days. She would constantly bring me down on my weight, she's the reason I have so much trouble eating.

But right now all I could care about was Ethan. I've always wanted him to stay with me once I moved out even though I had a small apartment. I didn't want him to go through everything alone but my parents wouldn't allow it.

Now even though its hard working for 2 with how little I get paid with I still think Ethan would be in a better place.

I watch him roll in his sleep when finally after a few minutes he wakes up. He gets fresh and then I sit him down and ask him," Eth, do you wanna move in with me? It's okay if you don't want to-"

"Yes what the fuck without a doubt. I've always wanted to live with you but I wasn't 18 yet so I couldn't move out also I dint wanna bother you with the expense but I promise if we live together ill take up a part time job." He says without a pause.

"Great you're getting discharged anyways, you wanna stop by home for a while and pack up your things?" I say.

"Lets go." He says happily.

We then sign a few papers and leave the hospital. I drive by home and let Ethan pick up a few of his clothes and we head back to my place. He then sets up his room and I go take a quick shower because today I got to go tell everyone about what I learnt about the case last night. I take a shower and put on some clothes and head out the door.

I din't want to tell anyone about Ethan clearly because it was no one's business and it was his decision to tell anyone if he wanted to and not mine and I wouldn't take that away from him.

As I reach the hospital I meet the captain who seemed more frantic than ever. "Oh god thank god you're here today, we just got the news Margret and Daniel were found dead today in their cells. The doctors clearly state that they both died with heart attack hence putting it under natural causes but how is it possible." He says.

"It clearly isn't just a coincidence captain, Did they seem physically sick yesterday?" I ask.

"No their personal doctors and nurses reported them normal fine after their evening checkup. I really don't know what happened. Mark Thorpe is out there god knows hurting who and we have no hope in finding him and now this, the only two people who really helped us in this case are dead. What do we do." He yells with frustration.