38

Elianna Grace

"It's literally supposed to be right here what the fuck!" Harry yells being extremely frustrated.

We had come to city view. The place where Sasha, the lady I recognized from the files at the bar lived. Harry had been circling around the same place not being able to find her location.

"It says building 32805. If building 32804 and 32803 is here then where the fuck is her house?" He says as he quickens his speed on his bike taking another round.

We take another round of the neighborhood. It was an apartment complex which had the same building structures but different numbers on each one of them telling them apart.

"Harry lets just get down over here. We'll walk and ask some people." I suggest.

He nods and parks in front of building 32804. We get down of the bike walking towards building 32804.

A man taking jogging and listening to music was the only person we could see around so I walk up towards him, "Hey, sorry to disturb you but do you have any idea where building number 32805 is? We cant seem to find it." I state.

"Oh sure. It's right behind this building. It's a bit hard to find I understand." He points to a building right behind the one we were standing. We couldn't see it because it was right in the middle of many buildings. You would usually expect buildings that are numbered to be in serial order but this wasn't.

"Oh for fucks sakes." Harry says from behind when he realizes the building was there all along.

"Thank you so much." I nod as the man smiles putting his headphones back on jogging.

We quickly walk towards the building entering it. I pull out the picture that I took of Sasha's profile. It had various details on her flat so harry and me quickly take the lift and go up there.

Flat 403.

"I hope we find something here." I sigh.

"I hope so too." He nods walking out of the lift after I did.

"My phone's being going off since yesterday. The captain and Oliver won't stop calling." I say on realizing my phone was buzzing yet again.

"Fuck same. But we got to solve this on our own with whatever we can Elianna this has been going too far." He says looking at me.

"I know I know but I feel bad I mean the serial killer is probably torturing god knows who because we haven't gotten any news of their killings after the two people found in the park but I feel really bad." I state.

"You feel like you're running away from your responsibilities don't you?" He asks arching his eyebrow while we now stood in the hallway facing each other completely forgetting we had come here for a purpose.

"How do you-" I say in surprise with how spot on he was.

"I know." He smirks.

"You aren't Elianna. I know what you're feeling but you aren't running away honestly we're solving this case more than they ever can. We've worked with them for a while now tell me, did they genuinely make a difference?" He asks.

"You're right harry its just that, what if they all look down on me the second I enter California? What if they look at me as incompetent?" I ask in worry.

I just hated being looked down upon even if I knew I din't do anything wrong it always made me so anxious. I would immediately start questioning and doubting all my abilities then. It was surprising how I din't hesitate to tell harry how I actually felt. If it were someone else I would just pretend nothing was wrong while this would run through my head all day.